Last minute 3 day on Sky

Calcags

Hi everyone!

DH (38) and I (30) sailed on the Pearl twice and loved it, both times planning months in advanced with lots of time for research. We just moved to Florida and now since we are so close we decided to book a last minute 3 day on the Sky, and we leave Friday!

We've been to GSC a few years ago, loved it, and can't wait to see the improvements. If the $50 drinking package is available, we will be taking full advantage of that. My question is that being said, should we even bother getting off the ship in Nassau? We love to snorkle, and have done it at every port we go to, but is it any good? Any public beaches for snorkeling or really amazing excursions, or should we skip it?

Also any quick tips about the ship? I know it's much smaller than the Pearl, what about the rooms? We are booked in a balcony, same as previous two trips. I would greatly appreciate any advice, as I am a crazy planner, and it's so weird to be going so soon (although I'm very grateful for any cruise)!

In Nassau, Junkanoo Beach is within walking distance. No real snorkeling, but it's a nice little public beach to lay out. If you walk further down the beach, you'll hit Fish Fry, which has some great local restaurants. We especially liked the food and drinks at Twin Brothers. A cab back to the ship is just $5 pp.

Yes drink pkg available on the Sky. Well worth it. If something u want not in the pkg, a couple $ tip and bartenders take care of u. Visit Rob in the Plantation bar on deck 12. A great place for happy hour. Didn't get off the ship in Nassau and seas to rough for out island . Just remember this isn't same class of ship as Pearl. But sure u will enjoy. Stormy

We've had been on the pearl and jewel before our first sky cruise. It is an older and smaller ship but well maintained. You'll find your balcony room a bit smaller etc but you will have a blast. Our first visit on sky was just my wife and I and we found it to be one hell of a party. Younger demographic and many locals. After dinner on the first night we bounced around having drinks then danced until 2am... BTW I DON"T dance so yes it was that good of a time. Very different compared to our other NCL cruises. Booked again in March!

Have you considered doing the water park at Atlantis? It's expensive but well worth the visit. Enjoy!

Yes drink pkg available on the Sky. Well worth it. If something u want not in the pkg, a couple $ tip and bartenders take care of u. Visit Rob in the Plantation bar on deck 12. A great place for happy hour. Didn't get off the ship in Nassau and seas to rough for out island . Just remember this isn't same class of ship as Pearl. But sure u will enjoy. Stormy

Stormy-

I just spoke to my cruise consultant last week who said that the drink package was NOT yet available on Sky. Did I get some misinformation? Would love to have a drink package for our New Year's cruise. Thanks for any additional info.

We were on the Sky for Labor day and it was a great quickie. I had not been on NCL for years and really had a great time Our balcony cabin was smaller as a previous poster stated, but it worked. Make sure to go to the Plantation bar. There are seats outside of the bar that have great views. Be sure and go to CAGNEYS. It was the best specialty restaurant I have ever been to and we cruise quite a bit. There is outdoor seating for the buffet that was very nice. It is definitely an older ship but well maintained. We were lucky to get a cabana on the private island and it was worth every penny. Have a great cruise.

Thanks to everyone for the tips! We are getting so excited, and are def looking forward to a "party cruise!" I have booked at all the specialty restaurants, and will for sure bring cash for tips to get the good stuff (and take care of the bartenders, as that is what I do for work as well). Can't wait to check out the Plantation bar. We considered Atlantis, but have seen some negative reviews lately. Also if I'm paying for the drink package, I think we'll stay on the ship and take full advantage. Only 2 more sleeps!

Stormy-

I just spoke to my cruise consultant last week who said that the drink package was NOT yet available on Sky. Did I get some misinformation? Would love to have a drink package for our New Year's cruise. Thanks for any additional info.

Yea Debbie, did the 4 day 11/26 and Ultimate BP offered 1st day. Had a couple drinks after boarding & asked the waiter if he had heard of the pkg. Soon the asst bar mgr came over to sign us up. He removed the drinks we already charged & where good to go. Pd $450.80 for 2 of us. Great deal. Stormy

Archived