Book your excursions in advance in Montego Bay!

mchelle1234

We were on the Carnival Magic arriving into Montego Bay on November 28, 2012. Our plan was to hop off the ship and negotiate a catamaran excursion with a local operator. FAIL! I guess all of the vendors are in cruise contracts because no one there would really talk to us and the ones that did said we would have to go through the cruise ship. Turns out most of the excursions were full (or they said they were) including just all-inclusive resort ones. After 45 minutes of waiting around trying to figure out something, we ended up taking a cab to Doctors Cave Beach.

I don't know if that's how it always is but you can surely negotiate a deal at the port in Cozumel and Grand Cayman but not Montego Bay! Just wanted you all to know.

We were on the Carnival Magic arriving into Montego Bay on November 28, 2012. Our plan was to hop off the ship and negotiate a catamaran excursion with a local operator. FAIL! I guess all of the vendors are in cruise contracts because no one there would really talk to us and the ones that did said we would have to go through the cruise ship. Turns out most of the excursions were full (or they said they were) including just all-inclusive resort ones. After 45 minutes of waiting around trying to figure out something, we ended up taking a cab to Doctors Cave Beach.

I don't know if that's how it always is but you can surely negotiate a deal at the port in Cozumel and Grand Cayman but not Montego Bay! Just wanted you all to know.

Good to know - thanks!

The last time we negotiated a snorkel tour from the pier in Cozumel, we thought we had a great deal, just $25 for 2 reefs. The boat was small, no shade and dirty, the guide did barely speak English and the reefs we visited were basically sandbars close to shore and close to the ships. I bet they did not even have enough life jackets on the boat. Well, that was our last time trying to save some $$ for a CHEAP tour...I guess that is what we got :cool:

Archived