flight time (Hobby) is 11:30 am?

mailmama

Finishing cruise in Galveston on March 9th. Flight time (Hobby) is 11:30 am. Is this a big risk with fog in early March ? Love the walk off with Princess so felt this was do-able. What does everyone who has done Galveston think? Our next flight would be 5 pm. Would like to avoid sitting in airport all day since touring with luggage no fun either!

Finishing cruise in Galveston on March 9th. Flight time (Hobby) is 11:30 am. Is this a big risk with fog in early March ? Love the walk off with Princess so felt this was do-able. What does everyone who has done Galveston think? Our next flight would be 5 pm. Would like to avoid sitting in airport all day since touring with luggage no fun either!

How are you getting back to the airport?

I am kinda worried about the same but an hour later (12:30) and a week earlier March 3rd. My next flight is 6:30. How often are ships delayed? I googled it and didn't see much but there were a few circumstances for several hour delays but were a few years apart. Would love to know what locals think?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks for everyone's imput. My friend and I are doing the later flight back to Nashville as my sister going to PHX leaves about 3 pm. Wouldn't want her to sit at airport all by herself. Last chance to win a hand of cards...read my kindle...people watch....whatever it takes to entertain one's self at an airport!!

We are using private transportation. I just hate to sit at airport till the 5:30pm flight when could catch 11:30am. Oh what's a person to do?!:confused:

Galveston is LOADED with great things to do to kill a day. Cruise up & down and eat lunch the Seawall, Moody Gardens, Bishops Palace, Pier 21, it goes on and on. Since you are already there, see the city.

Galveston is LOADED with great things to do to kill a day. Cruise up & down and eat lunch the Seawall, Moody Gardens, Bishops Palace, Pier 21, it goes on and on. Since you are already there, see the city.

Yeah but can't really do that without a personal car. Sounds like OP has reserved private transport/limo/van to the airport

My brother was on the Crown last week. The ship was delayed by fog and did not dock until 3 pm today. He texted me at 5:30 pm and said they were out of the parking lot and headed home.

Apparently, if you bought Princess air you would be put up in a hotel and rebooked to fly out on Sunday, otherwise passengers were on their own in dealing with the delay.

thanks everyone! We are actually going to leave our luggage at a hotel while we tour the Strand since won't see too much of it the week before. (our plane gets in late) Was so happy the hotel we are staying the previous week is going to accommodate us by letting us leave it for few hours before our limo company picks us up after lunch!! Our flight out is from HOU about 5:30 pm.

Archived