Sale on Holiday Cruises?

hightownCO

I've been a Princess cruiser for the last few years and am familiar with their pricing and their usual sales. They usually have a pretty good Holiday Cruise Sale in late summer that covers Thansgiving, Christmas, New Years sailings.

Am considering trying out NCL for next New Years out of NOLA. Main reason I'm lookng at NCL now is that my (then) 20yr old daughter can be treated like an adult and have a glass of wine or a beer if she wants (I'll sign the waiver). We can drive to NOLA too which saves $500 - 700. in airfare.

Does NCL seem to have a time of year when they might have a sale on these holiday sailings? Just trying to decide whether to go ahead and book or hold off.

Thanks in advance!

Not so much have booked 3 christmas cruises. One late after thanksgiving, few cabin choices price was not the highest but not cheap, sold out a few days latter. Last year booked about week after getting back, better rate. 1/2 off deposit, some OBC and lots of cabin choice.

Booked way out for 2013- no deposit- some obc but pricing was way up, in part as it was Breakaway, but any Holiday they do not drop only raise as they know they will sailing full. Late 2013-2014 is trending up from the past year.

I will use the links here on the home page of CC to check rates again after the first of the year and check with NCL directly. I would do the same and book ahead, you will not do better than that.

My philosophy is book early. Even though I'm not as concerned about specific cabin or location of said cabin, I still like to book early. I then check the prices and sales almost daily. If before final payment, then I am able to get the better price, OBC offer or whatever may be the special.

I always book directly with my NCL PCC, so I can make changes at anytime prior to final payment. Even after final payment, I've been known to upgrade myself. But that's me. Others may have completely different points of view.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising!

Archived