Sugarfree???

pepsicruiser

This is a first time for us on Disney and was wondering what type of "sugarfree" deserts are available at dinner. Other cruiselines usually have at least one or two each night. Anyone have any experiences with sugarfree? thanks

I notice you put "sugarfree" in quotes. That's quite appropriate. The desserts are identified as "No Sugar Added" offerings.

Here's a sampling from my recent cruise:

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CAKE

Chocolate Biscuit Cake layered with Chocolate Cream served over Mint Sauce

RASPBERRY CAKE

served with Raspberry Coulis

ASSORTED SUGAR-FREE ICE CREAM

STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM

Chiffon Cake, Strawberrie Mousse, and Vanilla infused with Whipped Cream

BANANA COCONUT MOUSSE

with Phyllo Crisp

GREEN TEA CREME BRULEE

with Seasonal Fruits

PINEAPPLE TART

Almond Cream, Raspberry Coulis and Vanilla Ice Cream

That's just a sample. DH had some of them, he doesn't need sugar free, but he enjoyed them.

:)

On the Fantasy we had some sugar free dessert never offered before, at least on our cruises.

Tiramisu--- my husband took 2 of these back to the room for later they were so awesome!!

Just called it chocolate ganache. It was a solid round brick of firm but not hard rich chocolate.

Also a decadent chocolate fudge cake which didnt really resemble a piece of cake but it was sinfully rich and had to take most of it back to the room because my hubby couldnt eat it all at once due to the richness. It was like eating fudge.

Apple pie is a standard but comes in a small square and the crust has cinnamon in it. yummy!!!

Can't remember the name but one day they had a fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

After all our cruises i must say the Fantasy had the best selection yet.

Marshall is the new head pastry chef and he is really trying for a variety.

of course they had the usual cheese cake and ice cream. In Cabanas at lunch besides their selection each day they had sugar free butter pecan ice cream. It wasnt listed but its there.

If you have a really great dessert dont be embarassed to ask for an extra one to take back to your rooms frig. the plate they put it on is usually too big to fit in the frig so ask for a small plate. Thay way if you dont like the next days selection you still have a dessert if you can wait that long to eat it!!

Kathy

Archived