What is the white space on the deck plans between the laundry

stipmom

and sideways inside cabins on the Riveria deck? Would it disturb the people in the inside cabins below?Just booked A 521 on Alohoa deck on the Carribean Princess and it looks like either R515or the beginning of the white space is above it.Thanks

I belive the white space above you is the Lido pool. I have never stayed in that location but, it is possible that there may be some noise from pool pumps etc. You could try moving down one deck, then all you would have above you is another cabin.

and sideways inside cabins on the Riveria deck? Would it disturb the people in the inside cabins below?Just booked A 521 on Alohoa deck on the Carribean Princess and it looks like either R515or the beginning of the white space is above it.Thanks

It is the Calypso pool. Hope it does not leak :eek:

I belive the white space above you is the Lido pool. .

It is the Calypso pool. Hope it does not leak :eek:

Op is on the Aloha deck and thus there is no pool on the deck directly above that.

The white space is a crew only area although I cannot tell you what exactly is there.

Op is on the Aloha deck and thus there is no pool on the deck directly above that.

The white space is a crew only area although I cannot tell you what exactly is there.

The pool extends down below the Lido deck which puts it down in the space shown on the deck below. Otherwise it would be a rather flat pool with no depth! :eek:

The pool extends down below the Lido deck which puts it down in the space shown on the deck below. Otherwise it would be a rather flat pool with no depth! :eek:

The maps for decks 14 & 15 in the Princess Cruise Atlas are pretty close in size (see how the stairways match up), and much of the Calypso Pool is directly over four sideways inside cabins, not over the white space. In addition, much of Neptune's pool is over inside cabins and is not white space.

The maps for decks 14 & 15 in the Princess Cruise Atlas are pretty close in size (see how the stairways match up), and much of the Calypso Pool is directly over four sideways inside cabins, not over the white space. In addition, much of Neptune's pool is over inside cabins and is not white space.

To be clear, if you look closely, you will see that the actual deep part of the pool (the rectangle outlined in white) is indeed over the white space on the deck below. The shallow splash area around it does spread out over the inside cabins below, but the deep pool itself does not.

Simple logic says it couldn't -- there isn't any additional headroom between Riviera and Lido deck (which is obvious, since the staircase is the same height as between other decks), so that space for the pool has to go somewhere.

Riviera deck is the only one that has sideways cabins in that area. There has to be a reason that those cabins are sideways, I think it is to make room for the wading area of the pool that extends below the floor of the lido deck.

Archived