Star vs Conquest

dave_k63

I have been on the Conquest several times out of NOLA - but we are thinking about taking the Star for our next cruise. Any opinions on the pluses and minuses? We loved the Conquest - but want to try something different. We have never been on NCL.

I have been on the Conquest several times out of NOLA - but we are thinking about taking the Star for our next cruise. Any opinions on the pluses and minuses? We loved the Conquest - but want to try something different. We have never been on NCL.

We have been on them both multiple times. Have not seen the Conquest since her drydock but both ships are nice ships. We just prefer NCL as a whole. Not a lot of help with specifics I guess. Let me try to think of a few things. We definitely prefer the beds on the Star. Love the suite perks of NCL. Entertainment was better on the Star. All I can think of now. Have a great trip whichever you decide.

I've been on the Conquest out of NO as well as the Triumph. Last October was on the NCL Spirit. I'm really familiar with CCL product and have gotten my feet wet with NCL with the Spirit. Now I have a cruise coming up on the Star out of NO in April!

Funny thing....the first day or so aboard the Spirit we weren't crazy about it. The port balcony cabin WAS noticeably smaller than a comparable cabin aboard the Conquest. AND I generally enjoy the big screen on the Conquest(Princess utilizes the big screen MUCH better!). Alcoholic drinks ARE more expensive. We've all heard the phrase "nickel and dime." There IS a little more of that on NCL. BUT......

From the first STEP aboard the Spirit.....we were among the NICEST and most FRIENDLY crew to date. In fact, they set the standard. The BBQs they have by the pool are GREAT! The Freestyle dining works like a well oiled machine! Best dining room food YET! And CHOICES... The Conquest has ONE alternative dining option, The Steakhouse. I think the Star has four or five. We did Teppanyaki aboard the Spirit and LOVED it! Entertainment....Princess comes close but certainly not CCL. EXCELLENT productions!

But the BEST thing about NCL.... You'll honestly feel like the crew, the WHOLE crew from the Captain of the ship down, CARES that you have a great time, really enjoy your cruise, and will WANT to come back. And you know what....you will.

Thanks very much - I appreciate your insight and suggestions - wife will not be going on the next cruise - so it will be just me and Grandson. We're looking at either Feb or April - and right now - it seems like NCL is offering some pretty good upgrades. Do you guys know what is in the $300 coupon book that NCL is giving away?

Thanks very much - I appreciate your insight and suggestions - wife will not be going on the next cruise - so it will be just me and Grandson. We're looking at either Feb or April - and right now - it seems like NCL is offering some pretty good upgrades. Do you guys know what is in the $300 coupon book that NCL is giving away?

Coupons are not worth the paper they are printed on. You can see some other threads on this. Pretty much give you the same things onboard - 15 free minutes when you purchase a 100-minute internet package etc.

Coupons are not worth the paper they are printed on. You can see some other threads on this. Pretty much give you the same things onboard - 15 free minutes when you purchase a 100-minute internet package etc.

THanks - I figured it was something like that

Archived