Need Info on Sideway Cabins on the Sun

CarolRoy

Doing our first cruise with NCL. Will be on the Sun in March 2013. Interested in trying sideway cabins on Deck 8 or 9. Has anyone stayed in these cabins? Does anyone have pictures for these cabins? Would greatly appreciate any info.

Doing our first cruise with NCL. Will be on the Sun in March 2013. Interested in trying sideway cabins on Deck 8 or 9. Has anyone stayed in these cabins? Does anyone have pictures for these cabins? Would greatly appreciate any info.

Stayed in 8329 and loved the cabin.

Here is a link to my cruise review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=86001

Last year when we were on the Sun, we had a "cabin crawl" and one of the cabins we visited was #8131 a sideways. It was huge! Honestly it had loads of room lots and lots of storage, huge closet. We all were very impressed, in fact, DW and I decided that next time on the Sun , we would definitely book a sideways cabin. I don't think you'll do wrong by booking a sideways, enjoy.

cheers...the Ump...:D

They are huge! You sorta enter in the center, the bathroom is to the right along with a closet and multiple shelves. The sofa is straight ahed, the bed is to the right along with a closet, drawers and vanity. Prtfect for two people to dress at the time and never get in each others way. If i cant have a balcony, those are the cabins I want.

G

I've heard so much about the sideways cabins, that when I booked my Panama Canal Cruise on the Star for 2014, I decided to try one out. We always book insides, so I'm hoping the Star's sideways is as large as the Sun's sideways on that youtube video! If anyone has more pics of sideways cabins on any NCL ships, I'm sure lots of us would love to see them!

I had a sideways cabin on the Jade this past summer and loved it. There is just more room to move around, it's amazing that just changing the setup can make the room feel larger. The closet too is the best because the doors don't get in the way like they always do!

One thing I want to mention is that I found the sideways cabin to be extra noisy. We were always hearing people walk (or run) down the hallway as well was their conversation. I think the reason was because the beds and our living space were right next to the wall separating the room and hall, whereas in a normal room the beds are further back and it's the bathroom closer to the door. We managed just fine but I know some people are very light sleepers. If so, this may not be the cabin for you.

Archived