Printing Luggage Tags

shelly11

Should we use clear packing tape on them? I was going to bring a case of water and that tag would have to be taped on.

You may want to put that case of water in a small duffel. There have been reports at different ports of them not accepting cases of water or soda as checked baggage.

As far as sealing the tags with tap. Many do but it is not necessary. Folded correctly they are very durable. I put them on at Heathrow and they were still on when I got home 15 days later after a trip under a coach, loaded onto the ship, delivered to the cabin, unloaded from the ship, into the trunk of a cab, back on a plane, into the trunk of the limo, and back to my home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

If anyone knows about bringing water on the Dawn in Tampa recently please post. I know I've seen before where they don't want you putting the drinks in your bag or you'll be in the naughty room. Just want to clarify what's happening recently.

If anyone knows about bringing water on the Dawn in Tampa recently please post. I know I've seen before where they don't want you putting the drinks in your bag or you'll be in the naughty room. Just want to clarify what's happening recently.

Tampa is one of the ports they won't let you check it. That was my experience. See post 12 in this thread as well

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36353400&highlight=water+tampa#post36353400

First thing read the directions. I know that is hard. You don't cut them out. Fold as directed. You end up with a 6 layer very strong tag. I pack a mini stapler in my carry on. Take out pre folded tags hit them with 3 or 4 staples and they are good for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

6 layersI folded twice, counted 3 layers.:confused:

My roller bag has two handles, one of top and one on the side, so I print out two tags-one for each handle. If one comes off, my spare one will work. I'm too OCD for my own good.

Not OCD but do the same thing. The more the better.

It's fine. I just got out the hospital again so my humor detector is a little low. I think I'll just take a Percocet. :D

I thought it was funny, Jim. In our family we always hurry up and do something because that way if it is wrong we have time to go back and read the directions!:p

:p

In the Tampa port (used to be Star) I saw people just tape a tag right on the top of the water or soda and they were taking them. Hope that helps..

janymac :p

We punched holes in them (after laminating with packing tape- only took an extra couple of seconds) and then secured them as we left the hotel using zip ties/cable ties/wire ties

These things:

61F72PN1AZL.gif

Eliminates the need for carrying a stapler or having to borrow one at the hotel.

Archived