Long Beach - hotel & parking?

Shar179

I will be cruising on Carnival out of Long Beach from February 11 - 15, 2013. I plan to drive to Long Beach the day before the cruise. Does anyone have a recommendation of a hotel? And do you recommend finding a hotel where I can park the car for the duration of the cruise, or is it better for me to park at the port? I'm not at all familiar with the area, so any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated. :)

Many many threads about Long Beach.

Many stay at the Maya which has a cruise & snooze package. The Queen Mary is docked adjacent to the Dome that Carnival uses. The Hilton sometimes has a Carnival corporate code for reduced rates.

For comparison parking at the port is $17/day.

We've found cheaper parking but getting to the port is a slight ordeal for those not familiar with the LA Transit system.

I just booked with Best Western Golden Sail in Long Beach. Free shuttle to the ship and back to the hotel. We're driving also and will stay 2 nights at the hotel. We got the hotel and park package. It was quite reasonable compared to other places we checked out. BTW, the parking was free.

Make sure that is in a safe area. Long Beach has some very questionable areas that a tourist might not want to be in after dark.

I will be cruising on Carnival out of Long Beach from February 11 - 15, 2013. I plan to drive to Long Beach the day before the cruise. Does anyone have a recommendation of a hotel? And do you recommend finding a hotel where I can park the car for the duration of the cruise, or is it better for me to park at the port? I'm not at all familiar with the area, so any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated. :)

We stayed at the Maya hotel in Long Beach which is a Hilton property.

The code to book online is 0560018220. The rate is $109.00+tax 16.43=$125.24 for a non water view/no balcony.

This includes parking for the duration of the cruise and shuttle to and from the ship.

Parking at the cruise terminal is $17 per day so for a little over 6 bucks more, you can stay at the hotel.

We are doing this again for our upcoming cruise.

I just booked with Best Western Golden Sail in Long Beach. Free shuttle to the ship and back to the hotel. We're driving also and will stay 2 nights at the hotel. We got the hotel and park package. It was quite reasonable compared to other places we checked out. BTW, the parking was free.

You got a good rate compared to the places in downtown because this hotel isn't really near the port area. The area this hotel is in is OK, but more by residential stuff ... PCH is a busy street at this point, and not actually near the coast. Because you'll have your own car, you'll be able to explore easy enough, but definitely not a recommendation I'd give for someone looking to be near port and the downtown dining. very out of the way for most port of long beach travelers and d

You do need your own transportation when staying here.

• 1 month later...
We stayed at the Maya hotel in Long Beach which is a Hilton property.

The code to book online is 0560018220. The rate is $109.00+tax 16.43=$125.24 for a non water view/no balcony.

This includes parking for the duration of the cruise and shuttle to and from the ship.

Parking at the cruise terminal is $17 per day so for a little over 6 bucks more, you can stay at the hotel.

We are doing this again for our upcoming cruise.

Thank you for that rate code!

Probably too late for you but someone else may be looking.

We used "The Current" hotel. We did a 15 day cruise so it was cheaper than the port parking by far. The personnel at The Current were outstanding. They have you park your car between two of their buildings on a back wall, well its the back of one building but the other one faces the cars. We felt it was safe.

The shuttle was wonderful. Both drivers were very good. When we returned the porter put us and our luggage at one end and the shuttle couldnt pull over when we flagged him. He was able to pull in 3 spaces up but he knew we couldnt see him and walked back to find us and take our luggage.

We were pleased with the hotel itself too.

Does anyone know of a hotel with free parking, shuttle to the ship and from the airport or should I get a hotel with parking and take a shuttle back from LGB? If so which shuttle company is recommended? The Maya looks good, but I would like to be close to the airport as we will be traveling on from there.

The airport is a matter of minutes from the Maya. The Maya can be gotten cheaper with the Carnival code-depends on when you are going as to what you will pay. We paid 120.00 but other sailings were 109.00. Nice hotel nice price. Free shuttle to port, free trolley thing to get around Long Beach and in a good area. This is a must for Long Beach as there are a few suspect areas in my opinion. Taxi's readily available at the airport.

Does anyone know of a hotel with free parking, shuttle to the ship and from the airport or should I get a hotel with parking and take a shuttle back from LGB? If so which shuttle company is recommended? The Maya looks good, but I would like to be close to the airport as we will be traveling on from there.

No hotels have shuttles to the any airport and to the cruise terminal.

Actually I found out that the Long Beach Holiday Inn has both, but the reviews are not good. We are staying one night before and one night after the cruise if we drive.

I am not sure if we will be driving or flying, so I think I will wait to make a reservation.

The reviews are not good because of the area. A little sketchy in my opinion. I had originally booked there for a cruise a few years ago and my friend talked me out of it. When we got to Long Beach I was thankful that she did. We were all females traveling tho and i think that makes a difference. If you are driving and leaving a car you might want to look into the Maya as it is a much safer place to leave the car.As I said before it is not the hotel (we are platinum priority HI) but the location.

Actually I found out that the Long Beach Holiday Inn has both, but the reviews are not good. We are staying one night before and one night after the cruise if we drive.

I am not sure if we will be driving or flying, so I think I will wait to make a reservation.

The reviews are not good because of the area. A little sketchy in my opinion. I had originally booked there for a cruise a few years ago and my friend talked me out of it. When we got to Long Beach I was thankful that she did. We were all females traveling tho and i think that makes a difference. If you are driving and leaving a car you might want to look into the Maya as it is a much safer place to leave the car.As I said before it is not the hotel (we are platinum priority HI) but the location.

If they are talking about the Holiday Inn downtown, yep, it is not the best of areas. However, there is another Holiday Inn near the airport and while it is not a bad area, not much to do around it.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived