Xian for a day trip?

C-breeze

Does anyone know if it is possible to see the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xian for a day trip? We would like to tour Beijing the first day of our 3 days there and then go to Xian for the day. We would come back in the evening and the last day see more of Beijing. We do have to travel back to our ship in Tianjin which departs at 6 p.m. Is this doable or would we miss too much of the Beijing sights?

My husband really wants to see the warriors, but I am not sure this will be doable.

We are doing something similar to this prior to our cruise in March. We fly into Beijing, turn around check some of our luggage and get on a plane for Xi'an where we stay overnight, do a full day tour the next day including the warriors and then back on a plane to Beijing where we start a 3 day tour before getting on our ship.

We are doing the trip to Xi'an with China Highlights. They have been very easy to deal with by email. They were recommended in a few different posts and websites.

They also have a 1 day tour to Xi'an that leaves in the morning and gets back late that night. We were going to do the same thing as you are talking about doing by going on our second day but opted to go to China a day earlier so we didn't miss anything in Beijing.

When i asked the question on this board about seeing the warriors i got a resounding must do from all the posters.

Archived