Holy land cruise - Israel 2 day / overnight ships excursion

BillK400

We will be taking the April 6th cruise that will stop in Israel. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the ships 2 day / overnight in Israel excursion? It's $649 (includes hotel and meals) and its seems the best way to see as much as possible in 2 days and just want to make sure its worth the cost. Any feedback would be appreciated.

We haven't been on cruise that includes Israel, but if we were on your cruise we'd book the ship's overnight tour!!

We went on a cruise that included an overnight stop in Egypt and we went on NCL's Overnight Cairo tour and it was excellent. First rate in our opinion.

Unfortunately, I can't comment based on doing the excursion myself. However, I will comment that after doing 2 different all-day excursions on the two days in Haifa and Ashdod, I wished I HAD taken the opportunity to do the overnight. I was on Royal Caribbean, but I'm sure the excursions are probably similar. Our excursions were non-stop with very quick stops in order to hit all the must-do sights. I think staying the night in Jerusalem (I think that's where the hotel was), would certainly afford a much better experience rather than having to drive to/from the ship each day. If I had to do it over again, I would pay the extra money and do the overnight.

Unfortunately, I can't comment based on doing the excursion myself. However, I will comment that after doing 2 different all-day excursions on the two days in Haifa and Ashdod, I wished I HAD taken the opportunity to do the overnight. I was on Royal Caribbean, but I'm sure the excursions are probably similar. Our excursions were non-stop with very quick stops in order to hit all the must-do sights. I think staying the night in Jerusalem (I think that's where the hotel was), would certainly afford a much better experience rather than having to drive to/from the ship each day. If I had to do it over again, I would pay the extra money and do the overnight.

Amen!

One day we'll be on a cruise to Israel. Swimming in (or FLOATING on) the Dead Sea is on my Bucket List!!

We will be taking the April 6th cruise that will stop in Israel. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the ships 2 day / overnight in Israel excursion? It's $649 (includes hotel and meals) and its seems the best way to see as much as possible in 2 days and just want to make sure its worth the cost. Any feedback would be appreciated.

We just returned from the Jade and took the $649 deal. It was worth every penny. We did the one that did Jerusalem and Bethlehem the first day and the Masada and the Dead Sea the second day. It included all meals and overnight at a really nice hotel in Jerusalem. Our guide, Elaun, was fabulous. We learned so much of the history of Israel, both ancient and modern. It ended with a swim in the Dead Sea. This excursion made the whole cruise worthwhile and exceeded all my expectations. At night we drove around the city and went to an overlook where you could see the old city and all the lights. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.

We took Celebrity a few months ago and booked a provate tour with another couple -thru the roll call

We stayed at Dan Panorama in jerusalem --well located and you can focus on what you want --try trip adviser for tours

I've never cruised to Israel (and probably never will!) but I live in Jerusalem.

Both Ashdod and Haifa are quite far from Jerusalem (Haifa is a 2.5 hour drive and Ashdod is a 1.5 hour drive) - so if you want to see things near Jerusalem (or the Dead Sea/Masada), it's probably worth staying overnight in Jerusalem. But, there is plenty to see/do in Haifa, and Ashdod is really close to Tel Aviv (and lots to see/do there).

If you want to see the historical/religious/archeological sites or swim in the Dead Sea (which is AWESOME), I'd say spend overnight in Jerusalem. If you want to see modern Israel and go to the (regular) beach or shop - I'd say stay on the boat and see Haifa and Tel Aviv.

I've never cruised to Israel (and probably never will!) but I live in Jerusalem.

Both Ashdod and Haifa are quite far from Jerusalem (Haifa is a 2.5 hour drive and Ashdod is a 1.5 hour drive) - so if you want to see things near Jerusalem (or the Dead Sea/Masada), it's probably worth staying overnight in Jerusalem. But, there is plenty to see/do in Haifa, and Ashdod is really close to Tel Aviv (and lots to see/do there).

If you want to see the historical/religious/archeological sites or swim in the Dead Sea (which is AWESOME), I'd say spend overnight in Jerusalem. If you want to see modern Israel and go to the (regular) beach or shop - I'd say stay on the boat and see Haifa and Tel Aviv.

Yes, thanks for reminding me of that The Jade overnighted in Haifa and didn't go to Ashdod. We were actually 20 minutes late past All Aboard when we got back to the ship due to the distance from the Dead Sea back to Haifa rather than Ashdod. We would have spent way more of our time on the highway if we'd done the two separate day trips rather than the overnight. Since this may have been a once in a lifetime trip, I'm really glad I forked over the $$$.

• 2 months later...

Just noted there is a second overnight in Jerusalem tour now; includes Bethlehem and and eliminates Masada. Anyone taken either of the ships over night tours in Israel since the change to both day in Haifa?

Thanks!

Just noted there is a second overnight in Jerusalem tour now; includes Bethlehem and and eliminates Masada. Anyone taken either of the ships over night tours in Israel since the change to both day in Haifa?

Thanks!

Yes. The Jade spent two nights in Haifa in December when we went. There were two overnight ship's tours. One spent the first day in Galilee and the second in Jerusalem/Bethlehem. The other, the one we went on, spent the first day in Jerusalem/Bethlehem and the second at the Masada/Dead Sea.

Both tours spent the night at the same hotel in Jerusalem.

We are on the April 6th cruise too. Have traveled in Israel a lot... have family there. A good hotel costs about $300 a night, so your tour costs seem reasonable. If that helps.

We will be visiting family and friends while there in Haifa.

Hope you have a great trip.

Have joined the roll call for the 4/6/13 trip, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get an overnight tour going. No tour company has a "package" with the hotel, so finding the hotel all tour members want to stay, etc appears to be difficult.

When we went to Egypt (in 2010 on the Jade) the passengers who stayed overnight in Cairo said it was well worth the cost. I figure staying over night in Jerusalem is the best way to get the most time seeing the sights rather than driving back and forth to the port and also get to see the city at night.

Archived