Rhapsody Question - JS 8086 Obstructed View

Hello All,

I have a quick question that hopefully someone can answer for me. We are sailing on the Rhapsody next sunday and realized today that there is a JS open, it is # 8086 and it shows that it has an obstructed view.

Has anyone stayed in this particular suite, or any other suite with an obstructed view on the Rhapsody? Is it worth it, or is the view just awful?

Thanks

It will be the last cabin on the side. I believe it is the port side and I think 8586 is its corresponding cabin on the Starboard side. The obstruction is the window washing rig so your visibility towards the back will be blocked and probably about half of the side view, but I'm not totally sure about that. The washer unit is not a solid unit so you can somehat see through it. We were in 8576, which was a few cabins forward and could see the washer rig. One of my pictures(the one with me in Cozumel w/Rhapsody) you can see the rig to a degree.

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

We had 8086 on the Vision, sister ship to Rhapsody. The obstruction may have something to do with the window washer, but the main problem is that half the balcony opening is a solid metal wall. You can't see anything at all on that half of the balcony. I was disappointed, but we got such a cheap deal for a JS that I guess it was OK. If an aft balcony cabin is available, you would have a much better view than from this cabin.

Cltoles...that would be the picture. I also understand what 39August was refering to. We had the solid wall on the forward side of our balcony and unless you leaned over the rail some, you couldn't see forward easily if you were at that end of the balcony. If you look at any side view pictures, it looks like there is a solid divider every 3 balconies on Deck 8.

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

I tried to enail you but says no emails are accepted .....if you prefer not to give your email address, click on mine to email me and I will get it from there, but the picture will come from a different email address ;) I'll put PICTURE in the subject line. :)

want to thank everyone for there help with the JS question. Thanks for the pictures ArizonaCruiser and Budaman. I think we are going to go ahead and try to get that cabin, have to wait until the travel agency opens in the AM. Hopefully no one will book tonight.

want to thank everyone for there help with the JS question. Thanks for the pictures ArizonaCruiser and Budaman. I think we are going to go ahead and try to get that cabin, have to wait until the travel agency opens in the AM. Hopefully no one will book tonight.

Your welcome!!

Good Luck...I hope you're able to bbok it....have a great cruise!!!! ;)

Archived