Refrigerators on Navigator of the Seas

appraise

I saw on a thread that the refrigerators in NOS staterooms are really more of a cooler then a refrigerator. Two issues, my wife and I are diabetics and need to keep our insulin cold, are the state room refers up to this? Also will they keep water bottles cold.

I've read on this forum people feel the need to bring their own coolers aboard. So what's with the cruise lines that they don't provide adequate mini-refrigerators in their guest rooms? :confused::(:confused:

I saw on a thread that the refrigerators in NOS staterooms are really more of a cooler then a refrigerator. Two issues, my wife and I are diabetics and need to keep our insulin cold, are the state room refers up to this? Also will they keep water bottles cold.

I've read on this forum people feel the need to bring their own coolers aboard. So what's with the cruise lines that they don't provide adequate mini-refrigerators in their guest rooms? :confused::(:confused:

Refrigerators that keep things cold are only provided to those quests with special needs like yourself. You need to email The Special Needs Department at special_needs@rccl.com and request your refrigerator.

Make sure to include your booking number, sailing date and cabin number.

Check with your doctor or pharmacist--most insulin does not need to be kept COLD, just cool. Or check the instructions that come with the insulin vial. I've used several types of insulin over the past 25 years and most of the vials 'in use' could be kept at room temperature for 30 days.

We just got off the Mariner on sunday. They gave us one of those little refridgerators for my daughters insulin. We found out the hard way, it was a FREEZER. There was no adjustment on the temp. We had filled it with our cokes, water, and wine, and of course the insulin. The next morning, we woke to find several cokes, waters and the wine FROZEN. It was a royal mess, to say the least. :eek:

Archived