Vancouver hotel

HarperSays

We will be departing on an Alaska cruise in May from Vancouver. Any recommendations for hotels? I've found a few in downtown that are in the $125-150 range. We will not be renting a car, so would it be beneficial to pay $125-150 in order to be in walking distance to restaurants, etc. in downtown, or would another location like Mt. Pleasant be okay also? Mt. Pleasant seems to having less pricey rates, but are there places to grab a bite to eat? We will be staying Saturday evening through Monday morning and boarding the ship Monday. Thanks!

Will cost a bit more than you mentioned but your ship will dock 50 feet away. It sits atop the terminal and has every ammenity one could ever want. My personal favourite and right downtown. A five minute walk to Old Gastown, fantastic food and if you are inclined to take the Sky train from the airport the very last stop is the old train station one block from the hotel.

Will cost a bit more than you mentioned but your ship will dock 50 feet away. It sits atop the terminal and has every ammenity one could ever want. My personal favourite and right downtown. A five minute walk to Old Gastown, fantastic food and if you are inclined to take the Sky train from the airport the very last stop is the old train station one block from the hotel.

Thanks for the rec. It may be a little out of our price range, but if we can swing it, it would be a really nice stay.

While Mt Pleasant isn't perfect, the Broadway/Cambie intersection has a big selection of eateries; and it's easy to get to from the airport and downtown (as it's on the Canada Line Skytrain)

Thank you. Good to know about the skytrain.

Anyone stay at Days Inn Downtown? Is it walking distance to Canada Place terminal?

I lived in the Mt Pleasant area for 30 years before moving downtown a few years ago - Mt Pleasant is one of the older neighbourhoods in the city that has been undergoing a renewal the last few years - it has lot`s of places to eat and a small mall with groceries etc BUT it isn`t really that convenient to most of the attractions and while well served by transit do you want to spend a lot of your time traveling the bus back and forth to your hotel.

Downtown Vancouver is quite compact - most of the popular hotels are within a mile of the Canada Place terminal.

The Days Inn is an older property formerly known as the Abbotsford Hotel that has been renewed - it is perhaps 4 - 5 blocks to Canada Place. A slight drawback is that it is located in the heart of the financial district so it has fewer eating opportunities that some of the other hotels in the downtown core

Another popular place downtown is the Best Western Downtown - on Drake Street - it has a cruise package and also has a shuttle to the port. Has an in house restaurant - part of the http://www.whitespot.ca chain.

Other locals will likely be along with their suggestions.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I lived in the Mt Pleasant area for 30 years before moving downtown a few years ago - Mt Pleasant is one of the older neighbourhoods in the city that has been undergoing a renewal the last few years - it has lot`s of places to eat and a small mall with groceries etc BUT it isn`t really that convenient to most of the attractions and while well served by transit do you want to spend a lot of your time traveling the bus back and forth to your hotel.

Downtown Vancouver is quite compact - most of the popular hotels are within a mile of the Canada Place terminal.

The Days Inn is an older property formerly known as the Abbotsford Hotel that has been renewed - it is perhaps 4 - 5 blocks to Canada Place. A slight drawback is that it is located in the heart of the financial district so it has fewer eating opportunities that some of the other hotels in the downtown core

Another popular place downtown is the Best Western Downtown - on Drake Street - it has a cruise package and also has a shuttle to the port. Has an in house restaurant - part of the www.whitespot.ca chain.

Other locals will likely be along with their suggestions.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis! This is just the info I was looking for. We will stick with the downtown area and it looks like Best Western might be the winner since I wasn't aware of their cruise package. Thanks again for the help!

I fully agree with UT re the BW-Downtown but I might consider booking it on fully refundable basis and then focus on trying to find something on Horwire or by bidding on Priceline for something at the 4* level in the downtown area. If history repeats itself you should be able to come up with something better in the range you are looking. While likely a smidge out of your target range a lot of cruisers really enjoy the Blue Horizon on Robson St. and yet another would be the Rosedale on Robson which is a suite hotel at fairly reasonable rates.

Thanks, Dennis! This is just the info I was looking for. We will stick with the downtown area and it looks like Best Western might be the winner since I wasn't aware of their cruise package. Thanks again for the help!

DH and I are looking for a hotel in September. I checked out Best Western on-line but did not see a cruise package. Did you have to call the 800 number? What did the package include?

Thanks for any help!!

DH and I are looking for a hotel in September. I checked out Best Western on-line but did not see a cruise package. Did you have to call the 800 number? What did the package include?

Thanks for any help!!

I think you just missed them, here are the links:

http://www.bestwesterndowntown.com/cruise-transfer-package.html

http://www.bestwesterndowntown.com/hotel-vancouver-park-and-sail.html

The Canada Line stop closest to the BW-Downtown is the Yaletown-Roundhouse station which is about 8 blocks away and a modest uphill walk to the hotel....the fare in the New Year will be $9 pp. A cab fare should run about $30, I deliberately looked at the taxi meter as we passed the hotel a couple of months ago.

Archived