Ruby Princess in pictures; Dec. 9-16, 2012

dmwnc1959

You're pictures are stunning. It makes me consider my decision on sailing reflection. I was out yesterday by the pier taking pictures and noticed the aft balconies of ruby. I love how you can just see straight down. Very tempting.

I think I am going to quote one of those rooms and see how it compares to my room on reflection. I specially love the pool decks on ruby, more specifically that aft pool. I think MSC divina has a similar pool.

I most likely will keep reflection, but there are a lot of things that I like about that ship. That wrap around deck, I think you said deck 8 is something that I would love.

When are you traveling on royal princess? I was thinking maybe Nov would be a nice time to try her.

Once again AMAZING pictures, thanks for sharing.

Gambee, THANKS for the wonderful comments!!! As some on the Princess forum may not know your pictorial review of the Allure of the Seas is one of the highest rated reviews on the RCI Forum in Cruise Critic history. Compliments coming from you are indeed an honor.

Keep your cruise on Celebrity Reflection. Or at least anything on the Celebrity Solstice-class ships. After your cruise on Allure I am quite sure you'll be much happier with the modern, upscale decor and ambiance of Celebrity Cruises over the softer country club/resort feel of Princess Cruises, especially when it comes to dining options and in-room entertainment. I am booked on the Royal Princess for December 2013 but depending on how things develop over the next six months if she turns out to be just 'more of the same' but bigger, with some of the best Grand-class features eliminated, I will probably be looking at something on Celebrity Cruises again out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami. The allure of a new ship is always enticing, but my cruise budget for next years holiday is no where near what I spent on the B2B this year so I want took make sure I make the best choice for my money.

Too many ships, too little time! :D

Gambee, THANKS for the wonderful comments!!! As some on the Princess forum may not know your pictorial review of the Allure of the Seas is one of the highest rated reviews on the RCI Forum in Cruise Critic history. Compliments coming from you are indeed an honor.

Keep your cruise on Celebrity Reflection. Or at least anything on the Celebrity Solstice-class ships. After your cruise on Allure I am quite sure you'll be much happier with the modern, upscale decor and ambiance of Celebrity Cruises over the softer country club/resort feel of Princess Cruises, especially when it comes to dining options and in-room entertainment. I am booked on the Royal Princess for December 2013 but depending on how things develop over the next six months if she turns out to be just 'more of the same' but bigger, with some of the best Grand-class features eliminated, I will probably be looking at something on Celebrity Cruises again out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami. The allure of a new ship is always enticing, but my cruise budget for next years holiday is no where near what I spent on the B2B this year so I want took make sure I make the best choice for my money.

Too many ships, too little time! :D

I agree with you as far as the decor goes, but that lido deck is soooooo appealing and calling my name :D, lol. But yeah for now I will keep my reflection cruise. None the less I will keep my eyes on Royal Princess, new ships, they are just so tempting.

Your photos were just gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing them all; I loved each and every one (especially the ones from the IC! *wiping drool off my desk* ).

Tasty treats indeed. Glad you liked the pictures! :D

I agree with you as far as the decor goes, but that lido deck is soooooo appealing and calling my name :D, lol. But yeah for now I will keep my reflection cruise. None the less I will keep my eyes on Royal Princess, new ships, they are just so tempting.

I keep hearing that from another friend. Yes they are, especially when they are of a new design. That's what makes my booking on her such a quandary. Time will tell, and no doubt she will be a huge success. I just need to take a cruise where I don't spend my entire vacation with a camera strapped around my neck! ;) although the results have made so many people happy. :D

Great pictures, Dave.

It makes me feel like I was there. Oh, wait. I was there........:)

LOL. Same here. I was wondering if I was in any of his pics. But at 4:30 AM, I'm still asleep. Great aerial photos of the ships. Since we had a late flight, I was able to watch Ruby leaving and that is a weird feeling knowing you were just onboard a few hours ago.

LOL. Same here. I was wondering if I was in any of his pics. But at 4:30 AM, I'm still asleep. Great aerial photos of the ships. Since we had a late flight, I was able to watch Ruby leaving and that is a weird feeling knowing you were just onboard a few hours ago.

Funny you mentioned watching the ship leaving on the day of disembarkation. My plane had already landed in Pittsburgh and I was on the way home to West Virginia while Ruby Princess was on her sail away from Fort Lauderdale with another boat load of happy people. It was hard to believe that I had just gotten off that very same ship earlier in the day.

My apologies for not shooting more 'people' pictures. For some reason it never occurred to me until too late in the game. I was more focused on highlighting the ship itself and a lot of times it was very early in the morning before people were awake and about.

I'm in the process of downloading a few videos I did not include earlier and they will show some actual people! ;) Should have them posted in a couple of minutes.

Here are some videos I neglected to upload previously. Sorry it took so long to get these here. Unfortunately due to all of the twinkly lighting the camera loses focus a little bit at times. Sorry. Hope you enjoy them.

Champagne Waterfall event on formal night

People heading somewhere important

Gathering for the Fashion Show

The actual fashion show was well intended but pathetic. Sorry.

Atrium entertainment - The Beatles music in fancy attire

This one is going to look odd because for some reason I shot it with the iPhone vertical instead of horizontal so it's not full wide screen.

Atrium entertainment - Steel drum soloist

Impressive photos--thank you for sharing!

THANK YOU for the kind comment. I'm happy that you enjoyed them. :D

LOL. Same here. I was wondering if I was in any of his pics...

This is one of the few people pictures that I intentionally took.

I was always fascinated by the way people lined up (?) and occupied every seat across the bar, all of them waiting to have their order taken next...

8363605493_62a5ea12fa_z.jpg

Great aerial photos of the ships. Since we had a late flight, I was able to watch Ruby leaving...

Here's the last picture I took as the plane banked once we had cleared the coastline after takeoff looking back at Port Everglades.

You can see all six ships docked and the airport runways...

8363590157_128b282da3_z.jpg

Thanks for posting the videos - loved seeing (and hearing) our daughter singing in the Atrium for the Beatles Atrium show! We didn't get a chance to sail on the Ruby with her this contract, so it's fun to see a little bit of one of her shows.

I think that is absolutely amazing that you got to see her via the videos!!! :D:D:D Very cool.

Give her our best wishes for continued success in her performances. :D

I think that is absolutely amazing that you got to see her via the videos!!! :D:D:D Very cool.

Give her our best wishes for continued success in her performances. :D

Yes, especially since we haven't seen her since July! It was funny, because even though she is off screen in a lot of the video, we could totally tell it was her singing, her voice really stands out in that piece!

Here are some videos I neglected to upload previously. Sorry it took so long to get these here. Unfortunately due to all of the twinkly lighting the camera loses focus a little bit at times. Sorry. Hope you enjoy them.

Champagne Waterfall event on formal night

People heading somewhere important

Gathering for the Fashion Show

The actual fashion show was well intended but pathetic. Sorry.

Atrium entertainment - The Beatles music in fancy attire

This one is going to look odd because for some reason I shot it with the iPhone vertical instead of horizontal so it's not full wide screen.

Atrium entertainment - Steel drum soloist

Hey Dave on your people video you actually got my favorite CD Ron Goodman and Deputy Cruise Director Ryan (wiggling fingers by ears salute). Looking forward to sailing with Ron on the Royal.

Hey Dave on your people video you actually got my favorite CD Ron Goodman and Deputy Cruise Director Ryan (wiggling fingers by ears salute). Looking forward to sailing with Ron on the Royal.

If that's the young guy in the tux giving directions, YES, I liked him as well. If he is sailing on Royal Princess that's definitely an added plus! :D

hello dmwnc1959, I was wondering of you could help me out here. I am sorry for hijacking your thread temporarily, but I dont want to start a new thread for this.

I did a search for royal princes and I get many hits. But I can't find what I am really looking for. I want to know if there is a main thread that contains everything Royal Princess, sort of like the one of breakaway. I love to follow the process for this ship as well.

Thanks for your help and once again sorry.

P.S. I send you a friend request :D, hope you accept it ;)

hello dmwnc1959, I was wondering of you could help me out here. I am sorry for hijacking your thread temporarily, but I dont want to start a new thread for this.

I did a search for royal princes and I get many hits. But I can't find what I am really looking for. I want to know if there is a main thread that contains everything Royal Princess, sort of like the one of breakaway. I love to follow the process for this ship as well.

Thanks for your help and once again sorry.

P.S. I send you a friend request :D, hope you accept it ;)

Hi Gambee!

Always a pleasure to hear from you.

No, there is no 'Everything Royal Princess' single thread. Since the shipyard and Princess have been far and few with the details, and there is no webcam, updates are too hard to come by to make a thread line that. You might want to check out this link, it's Princess Cruises photostream with sets on the right side of construction and artists impressions of the ship:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/

And I'll definitely except your Friend request. :)

I see your Allure of the Seas thread is still very active. Have a great cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway! Looking forward to your LIVE thread.

David

Hi Gambee!

Always a pleasure to hear from you.

No, there is no 'Everything Royal Princess' single thread. Since the shipyard and Princess have been far and few with the details, and there is no webcam, updates are too hard to come by to make a thread line that. You might want to check out this link, it's Princess Cruises photostream with sets on the right side of construction and artists impressions of the ship:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/

And I'll definitely except your Friend request. :)

I see your Allure of the Seas thread is still very active. Have a great cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway! Looking forward to your LIVE thread.

David

Thanks for the info, they some very nice renderings in those pictures, can't wait to see the ship.

To be honest I am surprised, the allure thread is still gathering about 1000-2000 views a day. Not that I am complaining, glad to see that all work was for something.

I am not really sure if I would ever do a LIVE thread, they just require too much work. If I consider doing it I would only do short written posts, no pictures and I think that would take away from the review. Honestly I admire you, radio, bugs ect for doing them.

Anyway ill go back to looking at Royal pictures, thanks :)

Thanks for the info, they some very nice renderings in those pictures, can't wait to see the ship.

To be honest I am surprised, the allure thread is still gathering about 1000-2000 views a day. Not that I am complaining, glad to see that all work was for something.

I am not really sure if I would ever do a LIVE thread, they just require too much work. If I consider doing it I would only do short written posts, no pictures and I think that would take away from the review. Honestly I admire you, radio, bugs ect for doing them.

Anyway ill go back to looking at Royal pictures, thanks :)

The fact that your Allure thread is still that popular is an attribute to the quality and time you put in to it. I did a LIVE thread in December 2011 during a B2B on Celebrity Millennium and it was indeed a huge amount of work with updates several times a day and hundreds of hundreds pictures. But the fact that it helped others was well worth the amount of money I spent on internet packages. However, and as you mentioned, I wouldn't do it again for various reasons.

It's still a long way off until December so I'm going to join you and the others here and wait for Royal Princess updates, and the first revenue passengers reports that will no doubt come streaming in during and shortly after her Maiden Voyage.

:D

If that's the young guy in the tux giving directions, YES, I liked him as well. If he is sailing on Royal Princess that's definitely an added plus! :D

Yup thats Ryan. Met him on our 1st ever cruise in 2010 he was a hoot. DH and I were so happy to see him and Ron Goodman on this cruise. They make a great duo. Ron told me he was going to the Royal and Ryan was moving over to the Star (bummerrrr).

Archived