Anniversary ruined by Royal error

Villagemdu

TA must be inflating the rates to begin with, there isn't 25% commission on a cruise booking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It may be possible, but not sure how. I did compare the rates I got for the booking itself, and I actually got a rate that was $50 less than Celebrity's website and another 3rd party website were showing.

This TA is one of the big advertisers on CC, so it's not an independent person working without a company to back them.

I would guess that the TA reserved a block of rooms. As I understand it, when there is a group booking of "x" number of cabins, then at some point, one of the berths becomes free. That would reduce the overall cost if the freebie was spread among all those booked within the group. It would take volume to make this happen.

I would guess that the TA reserved a block of rooms. As I understand it, when there is a group booking of "x" number of cabins, then at some point, one of the berths becomes free. That would reduce the overall cost if the freebie was spread among all those booked within the group. It would take volume to make this happen.

That makes sense. Either way, I am grateful for the discount. Using a TA allows me to take an extra cruise every year from the savings.

Trust me, that didn't happen. Revenue may have grabbed it, but not to give to a Pinnacle member. Those upgrades only happen 3-4 days out now, if at all.

Revenue doesn't do status-based upgrades, those are done by a different department. Revenue upgrades are status-agnostic

Received an upgrade this week JS to GS this was 11 days from sail date. Called C&A about a different issue, luggage tags, and also asked about the upgrade. The C&A rep read the note in the file that stated it was from revenue based on C&A D+ status. One never knows what goes on there.

Archived