Froufie Breezes across the Atlantic - Nov 3, 2012

Froufie

What an adventure - I can’t even begin to describe how much fun I had and how many good friends I made. The Breeze is gorgeous and I would cruise her again in a heartbeat - but now I can hardly imagine going on a 7 day cruise - and to the Caribbean......I WANT MORE!! (yes I am a selfish froufie). But I do count my blessings and several times during the cruise I looked out over the wide expanse of ocean realizing just how very lucky I was to be able to have such an amazing opportunity as this cruise - that I had the resources and support and time to be able to do this - I am, as always, very thankful!

I am now officially a ‘transatlantic junkie’ and would definitely recommend this to others.....there is such a feeling of comfort and ‘belonging’ when you know you will be onboard and well taken care of for 15 days - I was spoiled and loved it.

And now for a new feature - I decided to add some Froufie Cruise Critic Roll Call Awards at the end of the review to acknowledge some of my special friends so here goes:

Froufie Hero Awards go to

r180_151335.jpg

Doug - my Alhambra Saviour and all around good ‘bodyguard’ friend and Paul - who wouldn’t leave my side on the ardous climb out of the Bandama Crater.

Best Companion and Drink Sharer -

r180_151335.jpg

Special thanks to Sue for hanging out with me and sharing lots of food, fun and fables :)

Most Surprising roll caller awards go to the ‘quiet’ ones - those who didn’t post much but that I did spend lots of enjoyable time with:

r180_151335.jpg

Carolyn - my favorite piano bar companion (and martini connoisseur)

and Anne - who has great style (love the wine in the giant red solo cup) and with whom I shared some super fun times both on the bus to and from the Alhambra (getting ‘lost’ together) and on the ship as well.

Most Distant New Friend -

r180_151335.jpg

This award goes to my friend Ruth from Israel - who despite the stressful circumstances, did a great job of sharing her company with others when she could!

Best Accent

r180_151335.jpg

Yes I am a sucker for British accents and I love listening to them so this award goes to fellow Canadian Maryann - whenever she spoke it was beautiful to listen to! (and on top of that she is a pretty fun person too and a great addition to our teatime gang).

Honorable Mention goes to Sue from RAWCHESTER, New Yawk - loved hearing her say that all the time!

Edited by Froufie

Best Organizers -

r180_151335.jpg

And we had several from Carol who did the meet and greets to Carmen who organized the paid cocktail party and especially to Loretta who kept us all informed of the major roll call events taking place throughout the cruise - well done ladies!

Best Cabin Crawl organizers and Tourmates -

r180_151335.jpg

This one is easy - special thanks go to Nancy and Julie who organized a most magnificent and well attended cabin crawl. But I also want to personally thank them for being such good friends and company on the cruise and during our time in Barcelona together!

Best ‘Sister’ Award

r180_151335.jpg

This goes to Deborah - only she knows why! :D

Best Beer Drinkers

r180_151335.jpg

Moe and Rick (self-explanatory).

The ‘Kind at All Times' Award goes to Elle -

r180_151335.jpg

a good friend to all - always a kind word or gesture and so sweet ALL THE TIME.....and fun to be with!

Edited by Froufie

Best Dancers -

r180_151335.jpg

This of course this goes to Allan and Marcia - not only ‘dancinng maniacs’ but a lovely couple as well - always happy and smiling :)

Best Group - THE TEATIME GANG -

r180_151335.jpg

Yes the group varied from day to day - but that didn’t matter much as we made our own fun and had a blast on those seaday afternoons creating a wonderful tradition.

So ends another Froufie adventure - and as we left the ship and upon arriving home the emails were already flying with the words ‘reunion cruise’ in the subject line! Can you believe it - barely unpacked and already planning so I am thrilled to report that a few of us are already booked on the ‘new’ Carnival Sunshine TA leaving Barcelona on Nov 1 - can’t wait to do it all again!

carnivalsunshine_zps45a654e8.png

Thanks for hanging in for those of you still with me - and happy to answer any questions you may have!

Edited by Froufie

r180_151335.jpg

Here's one for Froufie, best cruise review ever!!!

(and in her favourite colour!):p

I second this! Plus you should probably get a award for ordering your drinks by color (pink of course). I loved your review. I also felt a little sad sitting in the airport with my coffee and cinabon and wishing I was with all of you. This has been the best cruise with CC I have ever had. It was really nice to have such wonderful people around! While I cannot make the Sunshine, I will be plotting another reunion for 2014! I became a TA addict after my first one also. Now I try to do 2 a year if I can! I miss you all sooo much. My tea time alone is not the same!

r180_151335.jpg

I also second/third/fourth the award to Froufie for the best cruise review ever! I'm pleased to have been chosen for a "froufie Award." We were all very blessed to have been on this exceptional cruise. I wish all of us could be together again on a cruise--and maybe that will happen sometime in the future. Meanwhile, it sounds like most of us have cruises planned and remember, everyone is welcome on the Sunshine TA Reunion Cruise! Nancy

I really enjoyed your review. Thanks so much for getting it all out in a timely manner. I'm sure I miss lots of good reviews, but when they go on for months on end, I lose interest, so it was wonderful to sit and read yours all in one sitting. Sounds like the Breeze is a fab ship (we were on the Liberty 11/17/12 sailing and did get to see the Breeze docked in Miami upon our return). I also loved all the photos of Europe...we lived in the UK for 4 years, so traveled quite a bit throughout Europe and I loved seeing the photos!! Sounds like you had some lovely sailing companions as well.

I must ask, where did you buy that lovely pink purse? Pink is my fav color and the purse looks really great for travel with lots of different pockets?

Thanks again for a wonderful review and I will look forward to reading about your adventure on the Sunshine!!

Sorry to see your review end. You asked for questions so I was wondering..

Does you husband ever cruise with you? How is the cruise different when he does?

It was a pleasure to read your Carnival review without the usual anti-Carnival types posting.

Having said that, do you cruise other lines? Any preferences?

Thanx again for the review. Really gave a good feel for a repositioning cruise.

Hi Janet:

Your review is the best I have ever read. The pictures along with the event are awesome.

Thank you so much for your nice comments, I enjoyed getting to know you.

Till we sail again.

Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn - glad you liked it! :D

r180_151335.jpg

I second this! Plus you should probably get a award for ordering your drinks by color (pink of course). I loved your review. I also felt a little sad sitting in the airport with my coffee and cinabon and wishing I was with all of you. This has been the best cruise with CC I have ever had. It was really nice to have such wonderful people around! While I cannot make the Sunshine, I will be plotting another reunion for 2014! I became a TA addict after my first one also. Now I try to do 2 a year if I can! I miss you all sooo much. My tea time alone is not the same!

I also second/third/fourth the award to Froufie for the best cruise review ever! I'm pleased to have been chosen for a "froufie Award." We were all very blessed to have been on this exceptional cruise. I wish all of us could be together again on a cruise--and maybe that will happen sometime in the future. Meanwhile, it sounds like most of us have cruises planned and remember, everyone is welcome on the Sunshine TA Reunion Cruise! Nancy

My vote goes to Froufie too! Not only the best review, but quite a storyteller even in person! Can't wait for the Sunshine Adventure!!!!! Julie G.

Awww - thanks you guys - you are so sweet!!!

Love you all and miss you lots and can't wait to cruise with you again - whenever that may be!!! :D:D

Edited by Froufie

Froufie......

Excellent review.....summary of the TA. Can't believe in the 2 weeks, I never ran into you.....guess I'll need to do much better on the Sunshine TA....booked with some friends I went on Breeze with and some we met on the Breeze. And your pictures, phenomenal...I just wish many of mine with a digital SLR and specialized lenses would do as well.....yes, I do have some great shots....but many more so so...

And you're right....I had qualms about so many sea days but I'm hooked now.

Dave

I really enjoyed your review! I have a TA on my bucket list and I would most likely be doing that as a solo cruise. Reading your positive adventure has reaffirmed what I thought I would love about a TA!!

I am looking forward to meeting at least one of your TA friends who will be on the 1/5 Breeze sailing with me ;)

I really enjoyed your review. Thanks so much for getting it all out in a timely manner. I'm sure I miss lots of good reviews, but when they go on for months on end, I lose interest, so it was wonderful to sit and read yours all in one sitting. Sounds like the Breeze is a fab ship (we were on the Liberty 11/17/12 sailing and did get to see the Breeze docked in Miami upon our return). I also loved all the photos of Europe...we lived in the UK for 4 years, so traveled quite a bit throughout Europe and I loved seeing the photos!! Sounds like you had some lovely sailing companions as well.

I must ask, where did you buy that lovely pink purse? Pink is my fav color and the purse looks really great for travel with lots of different pockets?

Thanks again for a wonderful review and I will look forward to reading about your adventure on the Sunshine!!

I had the best sailing companions and a lovely ship and a wonderful crossing - so I truly can't complain!!!

As for the review - the trick is to type it all out beforehand (assuming one can read one's scribbled notes? :D).....the harder part is the uploading of pics and the choosing of specific ones (I took about 1500 pics on this trip).

So glad you enjoyed the review.

As for the infamous pink purse - it is made my travelon - very cute and functional with the locking zipper mechanisms and pockets as well. I found some in my local high-end luggage store - they were around $60-90 depending on the style - and frankly they were not much to look at.

Then while shopping at our local Winners (I think this is similar to marshalls in the states?) I stumbled upon a 'rack' of the travelon anti-theft purses - only $19.99 and of course the pink one was calling my name!!!

Can't wait to use it again!:)

Hi Froufie! Thanks for alerting me to your review. I've been reading for a while and am only on the 3rd page. Great review! And, Hello to all our TA friends! John

Hi John and Linda - Happy Holidays - hope you are enjoying the 'review'! :D:D

I also second/third/fourth the award to Froufie for the best cruise review ever! I'm pleased to have been chosen for a "froufie Award." We were all very blessed to have been on this exceptional cruise. I wish all of us could be together again on a cruise--and maybe that will happen sometime in the future.

My vote goes to Froufie too! Not only the best review, but quite a storyteller even in person! .

DITTO! DITTO!!

{Lots of hand clapping, smiling, and hugs!}

Sorry to see your review end. You asked for questions so I was wondering..

Does you husband ever cruise with you? How is the cruise different when he does?

It was a pleasure to read your Carnival review without the usual anti-Carnival types posting.

Having said that, do you cruise other lines? Any preferences?

Thanx again for the review. Really gave a good feel for a repositioning cruise.

Well I sometimes do convince my hubby to cruise with me - altho he is not an avid or 'good' traveller - would be different cuz I would obviously be pending more time with him and possibly doing different excursions depending on the ports? We have also cruised with all the 3 kids - and that too is a very DIFFERENT cruise experience!!!;)

I am platinum now on Carnival so that does help - and I find it is still a 'good value' for the money - have also cruised Princess and Costa in the past :)

Great review Froufie. So glad we got to meet you on the TA. Maybe we'll sail again together someday probably won't make the Sunshine TA -- that would be 4 cruise for next year and hard on the budget). Have a very Happy New Year.:D

Awesome review!! Totally enjoyed hearing about all your adventures.

We did a TA a few years back, but Miami to Barcelona and it still ranks as one of my favourite cruises ever. Must do another one soon:D

I really enjoyed your review! I have a TA on my bucket list and I would most likely be doing that as a solo cruise. Reading your positive adventure has reaffirmed what I thought I would love about a TA!!

I am looking forward to meeting at least one of your TA friends who will be on the 1/5 Breeze sailing with me ;)

Thanks so much - I am glad you are considering doing a TA - even as a solo :D

Have fun on your upcoming Breeze cruise - say hi to all my TA pals!;)