Need some Info on Reflection

countess5

My wife and I will be sailing X Reflection on January 19th.

First time on X, always on RCC and Princess, last two were Allure and Oasis, you have to try them!

Read about Rory, want to listen to him :)

We are in a Sky Suite and purchased the premium beverage ( read nothing but great things about it!) :cool:

Those that have sailed her give me some Love on what is the best!

Thanks

we were on the TA with 9 sea days to explore and experience the beautiful new Reflection. What I loved best was the Service, Service, Service!!!. This was the best service we have had on any of our 7 X cruises. Captain Pagonis sets the tone and if you talk to the staff, you will find a bunch of happy campers and it shows.

the food was also the best we have had on any X cruise. The AMD will gladly take special orders and respond to ANY request (no matter how ridiculous).

We found the decor to be interesting--a combination of traditional and funky!!!

You will love everything about the ship. I wish I was back on it.

Enjoy:)

My wife and I will be sailing X Reflection on January 19th.

First time on X, always on RCC and Princess, last two were Allure and Oasis, you have to try them!

Read about Rory, want to listen to him :)

We are in a Sky Suite and purchased the premium beverage ( read nothing but great things about it!) :cool:

Thanks

I'm Rory's girlfriend :) if you haven't, his blog is really informative on various information! http://roryboltoncruise.blogspot.com

I hope you enjoy your cruise, and say "hello" to him for me! :D

Thanks for the info, I really now have to see Rory since his girlfriend set me a post!

WE are at specialty restuarants every night so looking forward to the food. We never eat in the main dinning room.

Best wishes for a great Holiday :)

Thanks for the info, I really now have to see Rory since his girlfriend set me a post!

WE are at specialty restuarants every night so looking forward to the food. We never eat in the main dinning room.

Best wishes for a great Holiday :)

The food on this cruise in the MDR was the best. I just can't bring myself to pay money for something that tastes so great and is included.

I hear you, we just like the different atmospher at the different places. Use to, of course, eat in main dinning room before the addition od the different places.

Took some friends on RCC a couple of yers ago, sat in the main dinning room first night and was asked to sit at the captains table formal night. First time my friends had cruised and thought I set it up. He then invited us to the bridge to "help" take the ship out the next night!

Once I did that the main dinnng room isn't what is was after sittng with the captain. :)

We also just got off of the Reflection and were very impressed with the food in the MDR. We sailed the Solstice in May in AQ and liked Blu a great deal. However, I can honestly say that the food in the MDR on the Reflection was far superior. We also did select dining which worked out quite well. Sooo, we probably won't book 'AQ again although I thought I would. The only thing I missed were the great breakfasts in Blu.

Was on the 14 night Venice - Barcelona cruise. Can't say enough good stuff about our experience. Yes, there was a power issue. Yes, we missed Rhodes. Other than that..... the food in Blu was beyond my expectations in every way. Service throughout the ship was a cut above. I heard a lot of griping about various little things..... not saying they didn't happen, just that I wasn't impacted by crowded elevators, and who knows what else I've seen typed about on these boards. I wrote a little piece on my blog...a couple actually, here, and here. Still working on pictures from the trip. :( Sorry, I've been on the road for 5 weeks straight with work....and the weekends have just been too short with all the Christmas hubbub.

I'd cruise on Reflection again in a heartbeat. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! Of all the cruises we have done I have believed in you make it what you make it. You can't make everyone happy, you have to be a little open minded.

The ships offer a lot and you just need to enjoy and take a breath!

Have a great Christmas ad hope you get off the Road for Christmas.

Since you are in a small suite, you will be allowed to dine in Blu on a space available basis for a $5 up charge. That usually works out to be the case. Breakfast in Blu is also available to you at no additional cost.

Our favorite restaurant was the Lawn Club Grill. Jordan is the maitre 'd there and is a great guy. The master grillers are a hoot and I suggest you take them up on the offer to let you grill with them. Lots of fun. You can also make your own pizza or just sit at the table and have fun watching others do it.

Like you plan, we only ate in the MDR a couple of times but the food there was very good. And it was a good place to meet new people.

Since you are in a small suite, you will be allowed to dine in Blu on a space available basis for a $5 up charge. That usually works out to be the case. Breakfast in Blu is also available to you at no additional cost.

Our favorite restaurant was the Lawn Club Grill. Jordan is the maitre 'd there and is a great guy. The master grillers are a hoot and I suggest you take them up on the offer to let you grill with them. Lots of fun. You can also make your own pizza or just sit at the table and have fun watching others do it.

Like you plan, we only ate in the MDR a couple of times but the food there was very good. And it was a good place to meet new people.

We were in a Sky Suite on Equinox and dined in Blu every night for no additional cost. This may be a problem on Reflection with the addition of more AQ cabins and the AQ Suites. Their policy may or may not be as flexible.

We were in a Sky Suite on Equinox and dined in Blu every night for no additional cost. This may be a problem on Reflection with the addition of more AQ cabins and the AQ Suites. Their policy may or may not be as flexible.

Here again is another example of how one Celebrity ship does it different from another Celebrity ship. Reflection charged us $5 per person every night we ate in Blu. The only night it was really crowded in Blu was the second night of the cruise when they served 297 diners. A new record for any Blu in the fleet. Even then, as suite guests, we were allowed in at 8:30 which was perfect for us. So I don't think the additional AQ guests really made much of a difference in availability to suite guests - at least not on our cruise. The maitre'd Ante and his assistant Johnny are really top quality and will do anything they can to help.

They were charging $5.00 for suite guests (space available basis) on Silhouette TA, but the Maitre D said if they complained he did not charge them. So, at least on Silhouette it was pay if you wish.

They also told suite guests to come before 7:00PM or after 8:30PM. We were AQU class, and I was glad we never upgraded because we wanted to make sure we could dine in BLU each night.

They were charging $5.00 for suite guests (space available basis) on Silhouette TA, but the Maitre D said if they complained he did not charge them. So, at least on Silhouette it was pay if you wish.

That's funny - pay only if you don't whine. :D

Thanks

My guess would be the Reflection Suite, the Alcoves and the premium liquor package, with room service for all of my dining and sail away. Why travel on the cheap? :confused: :D

Archived