Spa on Reflection

kentuckysailor

Sailing in January on Reflection, so excited.

I have cruised several times, but this is my first time on Celebrity. Sounds as if the spa is gorgeous, but which part of it is free? Looked on the web site and saw several services costing hundreds of dollars. Too pricey for me, so please tell what is not!

Was on tHe Reflection in Novemeber-- was intending to get a facial but the packages were so expensive, higher than I usually paid, that I skipped it. Nothing is free in the spa except exercise equipment unless you are in AQ cabins.

We were aat sea unexpectedly for 9 straight days and I assumed there would be a lot of spa specials--there weren't.:mad:

All the personal services which involve a spa therapist, beautician or trainer involve a cost. The only exception is the seminars presented by the spa but while these purport to be educational they are basically sales pitches for expensive spa products and services. The costs are often high in comparison to the local prices you'll find at home for similar services although they are comparable to what you'd find at resorts and hotels.

There are several "self serve" areas of the spa: The gym, locker rooms, and saunas located in the locker rooms (these are not coed) have no extra charge for use. The Persian Gardens is an area of heated tile loungers, aromatherapy rooms and steam rooms and there is an extra charge for this area except for those in Aqua Class cabins for whom it is included in their cruise fare.

Some people consider the indoor pool, whirlpools, and surrounding areas part of the spa so I'll add there there is no extra charge to use these areas and they are open to all cruisers over a certain age (I think the minimum age is 16).

The spa also offers group exercise classes some of which are no extra charge and some of which have a small extra charge.

The entire spa area is open for tour on embarkation day afternoon and the spa personnel will be happy to provide any information you'd like about what areas are no extra charge and which are available for a fee at any time.

One word of caution is that the spa personal almost always attempt a hard sell of expensive spa products at the end of treatments. So be ready for this and prepared to say no if the items pushed are not in your budget.

Services on the shp are definitely expensive.

However, as Lsimon mentioned, consider paying for a Persian Garden pass. I believe the one day pass was 35$. It was lovely!

Take a good tour of the Persian Garden before you consider paying for it. We've checked it out and it doesn't appeal to us - we haven't used it at all even when we were in an AQ cabin and had it available. So some people love it but it isn't for everyone.

Archived