Persian Gardens

tanelicus

I spoke to a CCL rep last month regarding your question as my DH would like to utilize the facilities while we are sailing on the Equinox in December. I was told that he can go to the spa and put the charge of $100 for the entire length of the each cruise on the seapass account. We are sailing a B2B so first leg is 10 nights and the other is 11 nights. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Happy Sailing!

New Information on the Reflection AquaSpa:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/whatsNew/detail.do?event_date=2012-08-16&sequence_code=A&pageNumber=2&link=%2fexplore%2fwhatsNew%2fdetail.do%3fevent_date%3d2012-08-16%26sequence_code%3dA

So $35/day but nothing about a weekly rate in that article. The price for the passes are not in "My Celebrity" to pre-book, nor the Spa Brochure.

We have just returned off Equinox (24th Sept cruise). We were Aqua class so were lucky that we did not have to pay the extra for the Persian Gardens. If I had booked this, I would been asking for a refund! Total waste of time!! Heated beds were only slighly warm, sauna and steam room not working very well and showers not working at all. No gowns or slippers (ok I know we could have taken ours with us!). Staff of no help either. Before paying extra, I would make sure if things have improved. Staff only seemed interested if you were booking for 'extras'. We have previously been on the UK ship Arcadia who have a similar thing to Persian Gardens - what a difference! I was so looking forward to this again, but it was a complete let down.:(:mad:

I spoke to a CCL rep last month regarding your question as my DH would like to utilize the facilities while we are sailing on the Equinox in December. I was told that he can go to the spa and put the charge of $100 for the entire length of the each cruise on the seapass account. We are sailing a B2B so first leg is 10 nights and the other is 11 nights. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Happy Sailing!

I agree with Owena. Used it a couple of times on The Eclipse last year (we were also in Aqua), but it's really not worth paying a premium to use. Got bored after a short while!

We tried it when in Aqua Class on the Silhouette and never returned a 2nd time

Hank

Oh, and be aware that whether you buy a day or week-long pass, they (the Steiner Spa folks) tack on an automatic 15% "service charge" to your purchase! :mad: I don't mind paying a service charge, when services are involved -- but that's not the case here. The only "services" they provide are keeping the area clean and the towels restocked -- something that's done for free in the gym, and all other public areas. Since we're Elite, we now just use our free port-day pass to the Persian Gardens. I'm sure that we'd use it more if we were in an Aqua Class Cabin -- but we won't be buying the pass again!

Just returned from the Solstice Aqua Class to Barcelona. First time trying Aqua. Enjoyed the Persian Garden quite a few times. Did not run into crowded situations. No issues with the steam or dry sauna. Used the Relaxation Room a couple of times. Only negative thing I overheard happened in the Relaxation Room where a guest was having to sign for her treatment. The Aqua Spa attendant asked her for $160 for a $120 treatment due to all the service charges. The guest was not pleased. I had been thinking about getting a massage & decided against it after that. I did enjoy the Blu restaurant for breakfast & dinner.

while the Persian Garden is neither Persian, nor a Garden, it is a wonderful spot to relax. If you are the type that would appreciate the heated, tiled beds and especially the steam room, then a day treating yourself to the garden can be a wonderful thing.

I admit, I often use the steam room 2 or 3 times a day in the PG

Anyone done a cruise long pass on a two week? What type of prices can be expected? Also does anyone know if they limit the number of passes they sell outside of aqua class. We will not be in aqua but are considering the cruise ok g pass for our upcoming Baltic cruise on eclipse in may.

• 2 months later...

Persian Gardens are nice on the S class, and more like a dungeon on the M class.

Wouldn't pay a daily fee to use on either one. It is rather boring after a short time. It is a place to relax but sometimes you get a few in there that feel it is ok to engage in a conversation.

As others noted the Spa personel are not very helpful as you are not really a "paying " customer, meaning no commissions for them.

Wouldn't be too quick to pull the trigger on a weekly pass.

Persian Gardens are nice on the S class, and more like a dungeon on the M class.

Wouldn't pay a daily fee to use on either one. It is rather boring after a short time. It is a place to relax but sometimes you get a few in there that feel it is ok to engage in a conversation.

As others noted the Spa personel are not very helpful as you are not really a "paying " customer, meaning no commissions for them.

Wouldn't be too quick to pull the trigger on a weekly pass.

Totally agree. Was there in February....a large group of spanish-speaking people came in and yapped on and on quite loudly...we ended up leaving :(

And the spa staff were less than helpful.....

I have used the Persian Gardens on Infinity and Millenium. Like most things about a cruise ship, your experience and enjoyment will depend on several factors unique to you and your cruise. I found the experience very nice on both ships and it influenced my decision to take my 1-5-13 cruise on Reflection in aqua class. All ships have mechanical and staff issues from day to day, but I liked the types of steam, shower, and suana experiences available. I use a steam and whirlpool area several times a month at my health club at home for relaxation and help with arthritis. I thought the Persian Garden was a similar experience. I also enjoyed the views from the heated loungers, both in port and at sea. I really enjoyed them after a day of walking in ports. I think the best suggestion I can make is to try it for a day and then decide whether to take a longer membership.

Did them on 2 cruises and both times was disappointed. Heated beds not working, showers broken. Got bored in there really fast. If you want a sauna there is a free one inside the change room. Save your money and spend it on something else.

I loved the Persian Garden on the Century. It was a large spacious room and the loungers were spaced apart. I was very disappointed to find a much smaller room on the Solstice and the loungers all cramped up together. No little fountain with the relaxing sound of running water either. I probably won't use it so much on our March cruise

Archived