Barbados-Barbados March 2014?

rickandpat

Hi:

Just checking with those who have done this itinerary in the past. We loved our first SD cruise St. Thomas-San Juan a year ago, now thinking of our 30th anniversary in 2014. DH is the crazy guy who loves to be active all the time - biking, swimming, diving, hiking, snorkeling. Is he gonna be a happy camper? I did do a search, sounds like a lot of ocean motion, will starting on March 20th. mean some calmer seas?

Quite a few of us here have taken this trip but here's my 2 cents worth...

We loved this itinerary! The islands are much greener and less "touristy" than in other parts of the Caribbean, and the water is incredibly beautiful - every shade of blue you can imagine!

As far as activities, we had a lot of fun inner tubing on a river in the jungle in Grenada (they took good care of us, so we always felt safe), had an incredibly beautiful ride on a private Catamaran that took us all over to a turtle reserve in Tobago Cays where some in our party snorkeled and swam, in Bridgetown we hired a driver who took us around the island then over to Harrison Caves where (for a fee) we took a tour through the beautifully illuminated (and huge) limestone caves, and the list goes on...there was always something to see or do on all the islands we visited there.

Can't comment on the motion in the ocean during that time of year, but I will say it certainly didn't deter us from enjoying all the places we visited and we would definitely do this itinerary again.

This itinerary has always been on "The List" but for one reason or another, airfare from Podunk International to Barbados has been either impossible connections or outrageous tariffs or both.:eek: Have been to Barbados on Queen Mary 2 Maiden Voyage but did not have much time there. As far as motion of the ocean:eek: rough seas can happen anytime anywhere. SeaDream Captains are the best at minimizing discomfort. Also, as I have said before, I feel these ships ride very well, in many cases more comfortably than larger ships. If you have any issues, do not hesitate to see the Ship's Medical Officer and get a cure. Ginger Martinis help too.:D:D

Archived