Can I switch to a guarantee?

I had a similar situation on the last booking.

I booked one cat. and had a cabin assigned. Made a full payment before it was due.

A military discount ( for which I was eligible) showed up for a diffrent cat. at a time frame that was before the required final payment.

I called and they did the switching for me and refunded the dif.

Thank you for your answers. I was just on the phone with RCCL to change my room. It took 30 minutes of questions and answers and they said the Guarantee Rate is just for new bookings because of "Travel Zoo". Supposedly they are running some kind of a special for new bookings. I am done with this for tonight. I will call again until I get an answer that I feel comfortable with. Sheesh!

Thank you for your answers. I was just on the phone with RCCL to change my room. It took 30 minutes of questions and answers and they said the Guarantee Rate is just for new bookings because of "Travel Zoo". Supposedly they are running some kind of a special for new bookings. I am done with this for tonight. I will call again until I get an answer that I feel comfortable with. Sheesh!

So can you cancel altogether and then re-book a guarantee ???

My representative said, in the end, I will loose $100 OBC because I originallly used a Next Cruise booking. With all the confusion I just experienced with this rep I am very leary to change anything. I used Visa points to get more than $1500 off this cruise and I don't want anything to happen to them. I still don't understand what RCCL has to do with Travel Zoo. The guarantee rate is on RCCL website.

Don't know what travel Zoo is. Call back today and ask for the Resolutions Dept. Can't hurt to try.

Edit That dept may be closed on the weekends. You might have to wait until Monday to call them. I would try a supervisor today if you did not try that already. Good luck

Keep in mind you are using a Visa certificate. It will indeed drop off and have to be reapplied once the change is made by another department. Chances are it will no longer be worth the same amount. Sounds like you maxed out a 75,000 pt certificate but your new category will adjust the value of the certificate dependent on pricing when the certificate was applied. Last time I made a change from a balcony cabin to a suite guarantee I actually lost money from the certificate, they also even deducted more because they were currently offering a state discount for my old cabin. :mad: Hope your moving up and not down. That being said if you used two 75k certificates for $750 each off your fine. Good Luck! I enjoyed the new cabin but it was a real hassle to move from a Balcony to just a Junior Suite.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived