How much is Wifi ???

KPGirl

What ship are you on and when? There are different packages.

Based on the OP's signature I would say Glory on 12/30 :)

Glory has (or should have) the new unlimited internet packages. they were supposed to be available as of 12/12/2012. There are two plans: high speed and multiple devices (one device at a time, though) for $99 for a week, and low speed (the old internet speed) and a single device for $39. Although the prices have fluctuated a bit over time as they experiment with different price points - so don't be surprised if it's priced a bit differently.

Plus, you can use the wifi to access the Carnival web site and a couple of others at no cost, but it is slow. We used the Currently Onboard section of the Carnival forum for non-urgent communications with my mother and it could take 5 minutes for a page to load when we were in the middle of nowhere. I didn't buy either of the unlimited packages so I can't attest to their speed.

Just got back last week from the Magic and we bought the $39 package. It was great. I only needed it for email and a few other things. No need to spend more unless you are doing business while on vacation. I was able to use it most of the time and in my cabin. I could sit on the balcony of our cabin and use it as well. You can also use the fun hubs around the ship. Will definitely do it again.

Andrea

we spent 120 for unlimited on Breeze and it was not worth it at all...being a new ship I was shocked how sporadic and slow it could be. When fewer were accessing it was okay but that is rare and off peak times. Peak hours was horrible..

I used my global data from Ver.... it was $25 for the month, up to 2 gig,

I used when in port, and on sea days out on deck, did not have to pay for anything else. Was as fast as at home when using normal cell data plan.

Got home and cancelled connection,

I used back in Jan also when on the Valor and worked fine then also,

I use "Teather" to connect from cell phone to computer.

As far as Cell Phone, I have the global roaming turned on all the time, because it is a free service. I did not have any additional charges for calls when in port. Did not use cell phone for calls on the ship when moving,

I know the topic was internet on the ship, but thought I would update based on my last cruise, last week.

My suggestion for everyone is take the time to call your cell phone provider before you cruise, talk to them about your plans and they will help you save money, and get the best services, before your cruise, rather than after you get a big bill for making a mistake.

The speeds can vary enormously from ship to ship, time of day and other miscellaneous conditions.

JH told me the Glory should have unlimited from 12/2, but it didn't and I paid $62 for 2 hours - extortion!

I believe Glory should have unlimited by the new year.

We did the $99 high speed on Magic last month, and it worked great. It took a few extra seconds to connect to whatever site you were going to, but we were streaming Netflix, able to FaceTime, etc. Really the only reason we it was because we had a ton of OBC, but the whole family enjoyed using it so much that I may get it if we cruise again.

Does anyone know which ships have the unlimited package now? Thanks

I know that it is on Breeze and Dream. Not sure if Glory or Conquest received it during drydock. Other ships are receiving it as they go in for FunShip 2.0 drydock. They are still experimenting with pricing but it seems as if the base price for the weekly unlimited package is $99, plus or minus $20 for a 6-or-8 day cruise.

Archived