Tampa, Car rental from airport and drop off near the port?

thesawch

What car rental company has a Pickup at the Tampa airport and a place to drop a car off close to the Port on a sunday morning. I want to rent a car for the 2 day precruise and on the sunday morning drop the car off close to the port before getting on the legend. Any info much appreciated.

The very closest drop-off is Hertz at the Tampa Marriott Waterside, which is 2 blocks from the port.

A few of the Tampa airport car rentals have a port courtesty shuttle. I believe Thrifty and Dollar do and National used to, however you might still want to check. http://www.tampaairport.com/ground_transportation/rental_car_services.asp

I would call the Tampa airport ph# directly as opposed to the 1-800. You may get better info on the shuttles.

Good luck.

:)

If Hertz does not work out there is also an Enterprise facility located only a couple of miles away from the port on Kennedy Blvd.; they will drop you at the port after you return the car.

The TPA airport is only a 15 minute ride away from the port, so returning the car there is not a big deal. If they have a free shuttle, great! If you get a good deal on a car and they do not shuttle a taxi from TPA to the port is a flat rate of $25+tip.

Good luck! :)

Archived