Parking at NY Dock

Kumarrr

Be warned when parking in NYC for NCL Dawn. This past Sunday, May 29th, after a lovely cruise, we found ourselves fighting our way through vast crowds leaving another ship (I think it was a Carnival Ship). A security guard would not let us take our luggage up the escalator to the parking lot--- with no explanation, despite repeated questions. So---we had to fight our way back through the crowds, and have one family member wait at the curb, while I fought my way back upstairs to the car. I wonder what I would do if I was traveling alone.

Be warned: don't even try to bring your luggage to the rooftop parking lot! Save yourself lots of hastle. :)

They do not let you on the escalators with luggage for safety reasons. A piece of luggage could get jammed and everyone would get crushed with it still moving. Very ugly sight ... :eek: Been cruising out of NYC for the last 6 years and they have not allowed it.

BTW, we returned from the Carnival legend that same day and the 4 of us all walked the luggage to the curb and then my husband went and got the car and knew exactly where we were. Also, we arrived at a different pier than when we left so take note where you park your car.

The line to get your car from the roof down to the front to meet your party that's w/ the luggage can be a MESS too! For our trip on the Victory in June 2003, my BF waited for me for over an hour out in front of the pier. I was just stuck in a very long line of cars trying to get off of the roof, and no one could move. It was pretty crazy. Since then (& b/c of the expense to park there - $44/day, i believe) we now arrange for transportation to drop us off and pick us up at the peir...much easier!! Maybe things have improved since then or maybe it was just the wrong day for us....

We have been fortunate in our experience parking in NY, but realize it may be the luck of the draw. We tend to arrive early, so the traffic in is no problem. Leaving has been no problem, as once we were very late, so no traffic there. Much depends on what time you actually return, which ships are in town, what events may be going on in NY, etc.

I think the last price I noted was $24/day. They also max out on longer cruises, so it comes out to be less than $24.

oops! :o yeah, Tomct, I think you are right....$24 does sound right....I'm thinking now when we went in 2003 (it was a 2 night CTN) that it was $22/day so it was $44 altogether! sorry guys! little brain toot on my part!! :o

This past weekend (and week) was Fleet Week in New York. Many Naval ships were in port....add to that the Crown and the Carnival ship and there is your CHAOS! The piers were CRAZY!!! We went to see the Dawn on Sunday and it took 40 minutes from Times Square! It's normally not that bad....;)

Archived