Tendering

irishclover

Hi everyone! So it is 6 days until the cruise and I decided to print out the EDocs. I noticed that in Roatan we tender (it says we anchor). However I was reading that it is docking port. Is this abnormal? Could it mean that there are just a lot of ships and we drew the short straw and are arriving the latest?

Also has anyone every tendered from there? Thanks!!!! :)

Hi everyone! So it is 6 days until the cruise and I decided to print out the EDocs. I noticed that in Roatan we tender (it says we anchor). However I was reading that it is docking port. Is this abnormal? Could it mean that there are just a lot of ships and we drew the short straw and are arriving the latest?

You don't say what ship you will be on. I was there in November on the Carnival Liberty and we did not tender. Carnival has their own dock in Roatan.

It appears you will be on NCL Dawn. The port schedule indicates that a Princess ship will be at MB and Ncl Dawn is the only ship at Coxen Hole. The schedule is written in sand so keep your fingers cross that you will be docking.:)

Coxen Hole is the better of the two docks and normally ships will not tender. You will be closer to West Bay Beach, shopping etc. Mahagony Bay is the other dock which is pretty much a private man made port area for Carnival owned lines.

Thanks everyone! Sorry forgot to put the name of the ship. I did find it strange since no one else really mentioned tendering there. I know our Edocs normally tell us whether we are tendering or not but I thought I bookmarked a site that showed the docking schedules for the ships and their ports. Anyone know the website? Thanks again :)

t-minus 4 days!

I also was wondering about this, we will be on the Dawn and my documents indicate we would be tendering. According to the information I found on the website menitoned in the comment above, there will be three ships in Roatan on the 15th of January:

15-Jan-13 8357Norwegian Dawn, Crown Princess, MSC Poesia

Would the Crown Princess be docking at Mahogony Bay? Where would the MSC Poesia dock?

Would the Crown Princess be docking at Mahogony Bay? Where would the MSC Poesia dock?

Princess uses Mahagony Bay. We skipped the port this past Jan. Ship was just too big to manage on a windy day at that dock. And there were too many ships at Coxen Hole to share space.

So, after a little more searching on line I found the Mahogany Bay website's port schedule and they list the MSC Poesia and the Crown Princess as docking there on January 15th. Why would the Dawn be tendering instead of docking at Coxen Hole if we are the only other ship there?

I am just going to hope for the best.

Archived