Norwegian Pearl - December 16-23, 2012

esp13

So to wrap it all up (except for the pictures which I will try to post this weekend at the latest), it really was a wonderful trip. I can't think of any negatives, really. I'm sure there was something here and there along the way that wasn't perfect, but it never stuck with me.

As you can tell from reading my recaps, my mom and I aren't real joiners. But that's what I love about cruising and NCL in particular. We are free to do as little as we want while others can do as much as they want. We found little things here and there to enjoy (the music in Bar City, the Oh What a Night Show, the shuffleboard), so we were never bored. But we also got a lot of nice down time on the balcony which, given my high stress job, I thoroughly need and enjoy.

The service continues to be excellent and I really do feel like it is a major point of emphasis for NCL. If I ever did have a significant problem, I wouldn't hesitate to take to a managment level person (on the ship) so that they would have the opportunity to fix it.

I can't wait until my next cruise. Now I just have to figure out when and where. :)

Thanks for your review! I am taking the same ship and itinerary at the end of January, really looking forward to it. May I ask if they offered any sort of "Specialty Dining Packages" on board? On some recent sailings they have offered a special rate for booking lunch and dinner at the specialty restaurants- around $99 for a 7-night cruise. Just curious to see if the Pearl is participating. Thanks!

Thanks for your review! I am taking the same ship and itinerary at the end of January, really looking forward to it. May I ask if they offered any sort of "Specialty Dining Packages" on board? On some recent sailings they have offered a special rate for booking lunch and dinner at the specialty restaurants- around $99 for a 7-night cruise. Just curious to see if the Pearl is participating. Thanks!

I don't know about the offerings onboard, although they probably exist. I've heard that there is one you can book pre-cruise where if you book 3 nights you get a free bottle of wine I think. Sorry I can't be more help on that question.

I don't know about the offerings onboard, although they probably exist. I've heard that there is one you can book pre-cruise where if you book 3 nights you get a free bottle of wine I think. Sorry I can't be more help on that question.

No problem, thanks for the response and the great review!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy to find your review. My son and I will be in penthouse suite 8630 on the 3/24/13 sailing!!!! I am very excited and even more so now that I've read your very informative and positive review. I hope that you are able to come back and post pictures of the suite and your excursions.

Archived