Balcony furniture and beds on Caribbean

Donder1

Does anyone know if the balcony furniture on the Caribbean has changed to the new chairs and small table most folks have been complaining about on some of the Princess ships? And, how are the beds?

We are on the Caribe Corner Aft balcony in Feb on the Caribbean.

Does anyone know if the balcony furniture on the Caribbean has changed to the new chairs and small table most folks have been complaining about on some of the Princess ships? And, how are the beds?

We were 11th fl Baja That was what we had , Bed was worst I have ever slept on , Sunk in so bad it was like sleeping in a hamock only hard.

We had blue mesh chairs and foot stools on our Caribe balcony last week. The tables seemed to be the same size as our previous cruises. The chairs were brand new and we saw crew with large stacks of them in the hall one day. We used to get four chairs on our caribe balcony is just two and two foot stools. The foot stools were comfortable to sit on. We did every morning at breakfast. We moved our table onto my parents balcony next door and all ate breakfast together. The tables on the balcony above ours was noticeably smaller.

There are pictures of the chairs and tables in our review: http://http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755125

Our beds were not great. If you think your bed is hard and you notice service trays under the mattress our suggestion is to not remove the trays. They were there to keep the bed level and reduce the hammock effect.

We have been on the Caribbean Princess three times (most recently a week ago), in addition to the Crown Princess and the Diamond Princess. In every instance we have found our beds to be very comfortable - not too soft and not too firm - and we have slept peacefully every night.

From the deck plans on Princess' site it's a regular balcony: BB

Our bed was fine in a mini-suite on the Emerald deck, but I've read many reviews here with uncomfortable bed complaints.

While we were in port in Aruba last week , The crew put a huge pile of chairs and table off the ship on the dock. Later a truck came with a large roll off container . They filled the trash container with the chairs ,truck left with a load . and there was still a pile on the dock , So I guess they were the old chairs and table , This was the Caribbean Princess .

So I bet in a few weeks there will be blue chairs all over Aruba .lol

Someone had said just recently, that they thought they had "changed" the beds. After reading most of these, it doesn't sound like that .:mad:

When they put trays under the mattress THEY know the beds are bad. That is the part I am NOT looking forward to in March.

Someone had said just recently, that they thought they had "changed" the beds. After reading most of these, it doesn't sound like that .:mad:

When they put trays under the mattress THEY know the beds are bad. That is the part I am NOT looking forward to in March.

Ahmen beshears! The CB was the first ship I ever sailed on in 2006. I think it was only a year old, maybe two. We use a twin configuration. My bed sagged on one side so bad when I woke that first morning it took the rest of the day to straighten out my back! :eek: I had to keep stuffing towels under one side till it finally straightened out some. I should have complained, I did not but will on my cruise in March if I have that problem! :mad: Bet our steward wondered where the towels were disappearing to. He made the bed so he must have seen them. I can live with too soft or hard but not sagging! I am bracing for the worst and hoping for the best! :D

Even with the trays I slept great. DH took his trays out when he found them and finally put them back 2 days later. He said his bed was much better with the trays. I agree that the they had to know about the issue. I just smile every time I think about it. Who thought to stick those trays under there in the first place. Any do the really have enough trays on board for all the beds...

Thanks, folks! The beds don't seem promising. On the Emerald last year, our kind room steward tried everything to make the hard, sagging bed better. They changed the mattress to a new one when we got to Estonia. That is where they said they would be getting new mattresses on board. Funny thing is, it was no different. Why does Princess fail on beds when everything else is great? Makes me want to sail again on HAL just to get a great night's sleep. As for the balcony furniture, well, we'll see.

Archived