Mr Sanchos water toys or horseback riding

chellecruise12

We plan on going to Mr Sanchos on our cruise in May..We have 2 girls aged 9 & 11. Has anyone used the water toys there lately? Is it worth the extra 12.00 for it? Has anyone taken younger children on the horseback rides? Is it safe for kids? Can you double ride or not? Helmets for kids?

Thanks for any help!! :)

I was at Mr. Sanchos for my Thanksgiving Cruise last month and bought the water toys for my 2 boys. They were on them for a total of maybe 15 mins but they are 17 so I didn't think they'd be on them all day. I would think your girls are probably at the age where they would enjoy them more. Sorry, we didnt do the horses.

Enjoy your cruise.

We will be going next November, and I was wondering the samething mine are 18 and 9. I would love to do the Horses but think we will do the Dolphin "adventure".

Also I was wondering since we will only be in Cozume from 8-3 will we have much time at Mr. Sanchos after the Dolphins? The feedback would be great.

We have 4 kids (currently 17, 15, 14, 10) and although they are typically very active kids, none of the 4 really enjoy the water toys. It is very difficult to climb up and sometimes dangerous if a child climbing above you falls on you depending on what water toys are there. We did the RCCL island water toys in Cococay and Labadee. The last time we gave it another try, our youngest didn't want to bother. Personally, I would give the horseback riding a try.

Not true...where we were you had to wear life jackets and swim which made it even more tiring.

Thank you very much for your help..I really appreciate it..I think we will pass on the water toys..It doesn't seem like a good fit for my girls..Now if I could find someone who has been on the horses with younger kids.... :)

Thank you very much for your help..I really appreciate it..I think we will pass on the water toys..It doesn't seem like a good fit for my girls..Now if I could find someone who has been on the horses with younger kids.... :)

Sorry...I can't help on the horseback question. We are actually considering the horses for our upcoming cruise this summer. I know my teens will be fine with it, but I'm not sure about my youngest who is actually the most interested LOL.

FYI, Mr. Sanchos is beautiful. We gave it a try this past summer. The only issue we had was that all of the extras (jetski, parasailing, etc) were closed because of the weather. We are hoping everything will be available this summer when we go there again. :)

Sorry...I can't help on the horseback question. We are actually considering the horses for our upcoming cruise this summer. I know my teens will be fine with it, but I'm not sure about my youngest who is actually the most interested LOL.

FYI, Mr. Sanchos is beautiful. We gave it a try this past summer. The only issue we had was that all of the extras (jetski, parasailing, etc) were closed because of the weather. We are hoping everything will be available this summer when we go there again. :)

No problem..but Thanks for the info on how beautiful it is there..I can't wait..

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking into doing the horseback in March with an eight year old - either Mr. Sanchos or one of the island-by-horseback tours. Leaning toward Mr. Sanchos because I don't think I can handle more than an hour on a horse! From what I've read, helmets are required. We won't double ride since he's eight and old enough for his own. However, he's also been in horseback lessons for 18 months and is probably better at it than most casual adult riders (like his mom!)

I'm looking into doing the horseback in March with an eight year old - either Mr. Sanchos or one of the island-by-horseback tours. Leaning toward Mr. Sanchos because I don't think I can handle more than an hour on a horse! From what I've read, helmets are required. We won't double ride since he's eight and old enough for his own. However, he's also been in horseback lessons for 18 months and is probably better at it than most casual adult riders (like his mom!)

I'd love to hear how it goes if you choose to do this.. Just wanting to make sure it seems safe for my girls that have no experience on a horse. :)

We did the horseback riding there a couple of years ago, it was fun. My daughters were 17 and 14 at the time. We were led around trails for about an hour. So if you are an experienced rider, it would probably be very boring, but for us city dwellers, it was perfect!

• 2 months later...

We are back and we did the horseback at Mr. Sanchos - well, my husband and son did. They said it was fun, mostly a slow pace trail ride. It was supposed to be a half hour but they were out there for a good hour. Once they hit the beach, they were given the option to continue the slow speed, or let the horse trot a bit. They chose to trot, but the slow speed is definitely an option for younger, less experienced riders.

We didn't do the water toys, but both my husband and son wished they had. I don't know how deep the water was there, but the regular part of the beach wasn't too deep. Water wasn't rough at all so my son had a blast. There were hardly any kids in the water toy area. (Actually, there were hardly any kids there, period.)

I do recommend getting off the ship as early as possible. It took us a good thirty minutes to walk through the port area, find the taxi line, and get a taxi, and then it was a twenty minute ride to the beach. We didn't get there until well after ten (my husband isn't a morning person!) which really limited our time on the beach, since we also had the horseback.

Oh, and the food was good but the drinks were weak. Good rum punch - just not strong rum punch. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

WARNING FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN VISITING MR SANCHOS

My family visited Mr Sanchos last Tuesday while in Cozumel. My daughter is 13 and my son is 10. We arrived at Mr Sanchos around noon, the waves were a bit rough so we decided to stay near the pool. When we arrived I noticed a group of ladies in the pool and they were a bit loud and dancing around...no big deal. As the day went on these ladies were getting louder and a bit more crazy ( again no biggie) but their language got a little bit out of hand (again no biggie just told the kids to ignore it). I was not too concerned until three of the women felt that it was ok to flash their breasts at everyone in the pool....including my children. I told the kids to just ignore them and face the other direction. I mentioned to the ladies that there were kids in the pool but they were too drunk to care and continued their drunken love feast on each other. At that point a couple of the ladies then thought it would be a great idea to stand around the pool and dance as if they were stripers! It was then I noticed the staff members laughing and taking pictures of these woman. In fact one of the pictures in on the Mr Sanchos facebook page! After their little dance they got back into the pool and decided to "breastfeed" off of one another (trying not to be too graphic here). Basically bare breasted body shots without the liquor! When all of this went down their male friends/husbands decided to join in on the fun and hoot and holler about it as well. So of course my kids are looking around to see what all of the fuss is about and seen most of it. There were staff members around watching this the whole time and no one said a word to them. At that point we gathered our things and headed back into town. My children saw more boobs and nipples that day then they had all of their lives! Not to mention the other acts they witnessed. I am in no way a prude, I was upset that my children had to see that. If it were just myself and hubby that day I would have just laughed it off but I do not want another family with children to have to explain that type of bahavior to their kids. I seen several other acts and overheard a lot more that I can't even mention due to the content.

On a side note the food was good and the drinks were great! I hate that all of this happened but I feel like the staff could have asked the ladies to keep their breast in their bathing suits and their hands above the water!

WARNING FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN VISITING MR SANCHOS

My family visited Mr Sanchos last Tuesday while in Cozumel. My daughter is 13 and my son is 10. We arrived at Mr Sanchos around noon, the waves were a bit rough so we decided to stay near the pool. When we arrived I noticed a group of ladies in the pool and they were a bit loud and dancing around...no big deal. As the day went on these ladies were getting louder and a bit more crazy ( again no biggie) but their language got a little bit out of hand (again no biggie just told the kids to ignore it). I was not too concerned until three of the women felt that it was ok to flash their breasts at everyone in the pool....including my children. I told the kids to just ignore them and face the other direction. I mentioned to the ladies that there were kids in the pool but they were too drunk to care and continued their drunken love feast on each other. At that point a couple of the ladies then thought it would be a great idea to stand around the pool and dance as if they were stripers! It was then I noticed the staff members laughing and taking pictures of these woman. In fact one of the pictures in on the Mr Sanchos facebook page! After their little dance they got back into the pool and decided to "breastfeed" off of one another (trying not to be too graphic here). Basically bare breasted body shots without the liquor! When all of this went down their male friends/husbands decided to join in on the fun and hoot and holler about it as well. So of course my kids are looking around to see what all of the fuss is about and seen most of it. There were staff members around watching this the whole time and no one said a word to them. At that point we gathered our things and headed back into town. My children saw more boobs and nipples that day then they had all of their lives! Not to mention the other acts they witnessed. I am in no way a prude, I was upset that my children had to see that. If it were just myself and hubby that day I would have just laughed it off but I do not want another family with children to have to explain that type of bahavior to their kids. I seen several other acts and overheard a lot more that I can't even mention due to the content.

On a side note the food was good and the drinks were great! I hate that all of this happened but I feel like the staff could have asked the ladies to keep their breast in their bathing suits and their hands above the water!

Thank you very much for posting this..I have wondered from some of the pictures on their facebook page if the place would be "family friendly" or not..We had planned on going there in 3 wks. I think we may stick with Nachi then..We have 2 girls 9 & 11 & I would be furious if they had to witness that. Would you consider posting something on their facebook page about this. I am going to also. If they allow this stuff to go on, they are going to lose family business..Again, Thank you!!

Archived