Xbox

Waycoolrob

If you really feel you need to bring an xbox, it would be better and cheaper to leave the kid behind at home, because it sounds like he/she isn't going to enjoy the trip

+1

I can't fathom the idea of going on a vacation and taking a gaming console that can only be used in the room. A portable one isn't too bad, as you can take it while sitting in your seats 30-45 minutes before a show, but turn it off once the show starts.

Does anyone know if you can bring an X-box onto the Liberty? Does TV have connections?

Thanks

wcr

It is my understanding if you have a reg. inside ,window ,and balcony room they do not have them but if your in a suite then yes for dvd players and such . I would like to add we took 2 kids with us last march I wish I would have a Ps3 or xbox while we was getting ready for dinner and such (at least one if not both of them would have been busy !!)

for first time cruisers- you do not have to go sit in a lounge 3 0 - 40 minutes before a show. unless you want certain seats

15 minutes before is long enough

Not being smart but go rccl one time you want a seat in one of those shows with out resevations period you better go early (NOTE I have never cruised with rccl but all my family does and been told the same many of times !! )

My oldest brings his laptop and plays games on it during down time when he's hanging out in the cabin. If you really need to bring an Xbox, game stop has a portable system for about $200 that has a small monitor and a hard carry on case to carry everything including your system.

It is my understanding if you have a reg. inside ,window ,and balcony room they do not have them but if your in a suite then yes for dvd players and such . I would like to add we took 2 kids with us last march I wish I would have a Ps3 or xbox while we was getting ready for dinner and such (at least one if not both of them would have been busy !!)

This is the exact reason we bring the ds's or ipads.

How is it anyone else's business what the op does on their vacation? Does it affect you in anyway?

What is wrong with some of you people?!?

Who are you to judge how someone (child or adult) spends their vacation? Spending an hour or two playing video games is a perfectly acceptable way to unwind. Do you not bring books/magazines to read in bed? No one asked your opinion if you thought this was an ideal way to spend your vacation time... Simply a question if it would work with the cabin TV.... Sorry OP... the answer is no.... and you didn't deserve the snarky remarks made by the vacation police here....

Hope you can bring a portable system or tablet with games.... enjoy!

What is wrong with some of you people?!?

Who are you to judge how someone (child or adult) spends their vacation? Spending an hour or two playing video games is a perfectly acceptable way to unwind. Do you not bring books/magazines to read in bed? No one asked your opinion if you thought this was an ideal way to spend your vacation time... Simply a question if it would work with the cabin TV.... Sorry OP... the answer is no.... and you didn't deserve the snarky remarks made by the vacation police here....

Hope you can bring a portable system or tablet with games.... enjoy!

Well said!

Not being smart but go rccl one time you want a seat in one of those shows with out resevations period you better go early (NOTE I have never cruised with rccl but all my family does and been told the same many of times !! )

we sailed on the voyager class ship and never found that to be a problem. (even the Ice skating show within the 15 - 20 minutes. but we are only 2 people not a group. I guess it would be different for a group who wants to sit together-- but boy what a waste of vacation minutes.

sorry.

Does anyone know if you can bring an X-box onto the Liberty? Does TV have connections?

Thanks

wcr

My grandson, who has minor cerebral palsy that just affects his ability to walk/stand, brought a game system (not sure which one) with him on our last cruise on the Legend. We got it to work in the room with a flatscreen, but not in the room that had an older TV set.

To the "I can't imagine posters," he did this as a lot of the regular cruising things are not within his ability to enjoy. AND at 16, some of the embarrassing comments he hears are very hurtful and he would rather not deal with them on vacation. He wears leg braces and has very skinny, mis-shapen legs. The stares are quite rude, but a regular occurance.

He did go on excursions, the staff is VERY helpful in getting him and his wheel chair off the ship (especially at tender ports). He also dined every evening in the MDR with us. However during the day we went to the pool with our granddaughter and DD and Son in Law and he stayed behind and ENJOYED himself.

Thanks

wcr

Yes, in suites our wii has worked every time, but only with the flatscreens in other rooms, as mentioned before - perhaps you can google your cabin number or check on here for it to see what type of tv it has?

To all those with running commentary - your opinions are yours and you have a right to voice them - however, do not pass judgement nor voice them in a fashion that is so condescending... would you say these things in person to him? I think not. Hiding behind the screen turns even the meek in to a Goliath.

Thanks

wcr

As stated above, if the cabins have flat screens you should be able to hook one up. I have a picture out on photobucket, which unfortunately I can't access at work, that shows the back of the flat screen TV in our cabin on the Liberty last April. I'll look on my home PC tonight and see if I can post it here. As I recall, all the Liberty cabins got new flat screen TVs during 2.0 in 2011, but having not stayed in all the cabins, I could be in error.

For weight and convenience, especally if flying to port, get a decent portable one or a laptop. On one of our Dream cruises, the older teens in the next cabin did laptop mini-networks for gaming (older TV in cabin in those days). I know they left the cabin for meals and at ports, but I also know they said they had a great time all around and their Mom did her own thing without having to worry where they were.

This is the exact reason we bring the ds's or ipads.

How is it anyone else's business what the op does on their vacation? Does it affect you in anyway?

No, I would think they are actually concerned that they will be bringing a heavy game unit, and not use it, or it will take away from the fun on the ship. Probably from a simalar situation in their past.

I always bring my lap top, Kindle, DS, and paper puzzle book.

Laptop for uploading pictures from the camera (not to the internet) in case the camera is lost. Kindle for reading when out on deck, or at the beach. DS for in the airport or on the plane, or out on deck. Paper puzzle book for wife, to use to keep busy (does not like computer/electronic things)

But if my kids were saying "I MUST bring my xbox.wii, ps3 what ever that has to be connected to the tv" or I am not going to have fun.

I would trick them, and "pack it in my suit case to keep it safe" and Opps it must have been forgot, I guess you will have to find something else to do. It is not like you can swim home from here.

As stated above, if the cabins have flat screens you should be able to hook one up. I have a picture out on photobucket, which unfortunately I can't access at work, that shows the back of the flat screen TV in our cabin on the Liberty last April. I'll look on my home PC tonight and see if I can post it here. As I recall, all the Liberty cabins got new flat screen TVs during 2.0 in 2011, but having not stayed in all the cabins, I could be in error. .

you COULD hook it up but there is no way to change the access to change it from viewing the tv to change the output.

Taking a unit like that will waste valuable packing space for no reason

+1

I can't fathom the idea of going on a vacation and taking a gaming console that can only be used in the room. A portable one isn't too bad, as you can take it while sitting in your seats 30-45 minutes before a show, but turn it off once the show starts.

And I can't fathom someone bringing a book on a cruise and just sit there and read. I'd rather have the Xbox.

Archived