Just back from Rotterdam May 19!!!

Marie-Claude

We have just returned from our May19-29 Italian Enchantment cruise on the Rotterdam! This was one of our best cruises... we LOVED the Rotterdam! She is a classy ship, the service and food was excellent! The itinerary was extremely port intensive, but we loved it.

I will soon post a detail review of our cruise but in the meantime, I'll gladly answer any questions you may have on the ship!

I also can't wait to read your review.

The Rotterdam through the Panama Canal was my first cruise. It is also my "hands down" favorite ship.

Welcome home and hurry up with that review already! I'm dying to read it! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

We just returned from the Rotterdam, too. Looked to meet you, but I guess our paths never crossed. We had a great cruise, too. The food was absolutely the best we have ever had, and the Rotterdam was just a great ship. We thoroughly enjoyed all the ports, and the weather was just fabulous. Sorry we missed meeting you.

Ben and Barbara

Hello Ben and Barbara!

We too looked for you, or should I say tried to find you as we didn't have a description for you. But on a few occasion, when I heard a couple saying they were from California I ventured to ask if they were 'Ben and Barbara'!!

I'm glad you had a nice cruise - we surely did. We also found the food to be quite good, better than most cruises we've done in recent years.

I hope your first week back to reality wasn't too hard!

Until next time, maybe!

We're sailing on the Rotterdam in a few weeks. Just curious to know if they completed all of the Signature Of Excellence upgrades that I read about..new mattresses, flat screen tvs, dvds and the culinary kitchen?? thanks, andrew.

Hi AndrewM!

Yes all SOE were completed. The beds are amazing, and each cabin has a flat screen TV and DVD player. I have heard about the culinary demonstrations which are held in the newly renovated Wajang Theater, but I haven't attended myself. This cruise was port intensive and I didn't participate to a lot of ship activities... But from what I have heard, the kitchen and demos were great!

Hope this helps!

Booked on Rotterdam in October. I'm hoping we're as fortunate as you were with weather, etc. We are travelling with 'virgin cruisers', and I'm praying that it's as great an experience as I've set it up to be. We are new to HAL having been on Princess and RC, and I'm anxious to compare. Since you've just returned, can you tell me if Java Cafe is still open? Looking forward to lattes and capuccinos while cruising on the Adriatic.

Hi There! I'm sure you and your friends will enjoy the Rotterdam very much. We too had cruised Princess before and while we had mixed feelings about the Zuiderdam, we really loved everything about the Rotterdam.

Java Café is now part of the Explorations Café the New Library/Internet Café/Java Café. Great place with a lot of great books and magazines.

Look for my (long) review that I will post sometime today!

Archived