Barbados to Genoa, 11 day T/A 3/30/06.....

aaannnthony

Oceania's website is confusing. The 3/30/06 map shows Bridgetown/Genoa, but the text reads Bridgetown/Marseille. What's the story?

FWIW, we're booked on the 3/22 Miami/Barcelona trip, and keeping our fingers crossed that that itinerary isn't changed.

Fran/Anthony -

Hello again

Don and I are going on the Regatta transatlantic this November. I think you are going on another cruise around the same time (???)

Enjoyable as Oceania is, going on a THIRD t/a next spring would be a bit too much, given that our vacation time is finite and there is a lot to do/see out there.

Don is getting to pick our big '06 vacation, and right now it looks like it will be primarily a trip to Israel with Jordan (Petra) added as a side trip, probably in late spring. That would be for about 2 weeks.

There is a good chance we would take another week or 10 day vacation later in the year, with a November Oceania t/a cruise as a possibility, but with some other competing ideas lurking.

Take care,

Howard

Hi, Vivian & Dick and Howard & Don. All's well and looking forward to our 2005/6 schedule beginning the end of August on the Seabourn Pride, a 21 day b-2-b from London's Tower Bridge to New York City, with a number of stops in the British Isles and Canada.....just love those sea days on the crossings.

Debbers, it's official.....Insignia's 11 day drydock has been changed to Marseilles, from Genoa.

Hi aaannnthony:

We will be on that t/a cruise from Barbados to Marseille. Funny, until it was pointed out, I never noticed the map said Genoa. We were on the Regatta t/a this April and then Regatta dry docked in Marseille so Marseille just made sense.

Anyway, we had a wonderful crossing and look forward to repeating the experience.

And, hi Dick & Vivian. If you are the same Dick & Vivian I am thinking of, we sailed with you around the U.K. last June.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn & Stan,

As Jan said "Yep! It's the Same Dick & Vivian"!! We still have the most pleasant memories of that cruise, the UK and Norway. Now, we have just returned from an Insignia Transatlantic and met all sorts of new and wonderful friends - (see "AAAAAAnthony" above).

We're hoping our paths will cross again - perhaps in Asia or something else - we're thinking about the Suez Canal transit next year....

All the Best,

Dick & Vivian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Aaannnthony,

This reply is not regarding this thread, but was unable to email you directly. I met you on board QM2 back in May and I have noticed from this board that you seem quite sold on Oceania'a product. I have just booked the Nov 27, 2005 sailing from Barcelona to Rio on Insigna and it appears you will be doing the T/A crossing back to Europe in the spring. This will be our first sailing with Oceania. We have booked a Cat D cabin, low and mid ship, hoping we do not hit really rough seas. How do the small Oceania ships handle rough seas as we are doing a crossing southbound? What is it about Oceania that has sold you on thier product? What can I expect on the Insigna, is Oceania really coming close to the Crystal & SIlver Seas experience? Any feedback about Oceania you can provide would be appreciated as I respect your judgement. Also anyone else's feedback would be welcome as well. Thanks and Bon Voyage, I, for one will be counting the days.

Doug

Aaannnthony, I think I missed your questions when you first posted as we were on our drving trip to the east coast. Unfortunately a transatlantic doesn't fit for us in 2006. We are booked on the Regatta March 8 to fill in some parts of the Caribbean and take a look at the Panama Canal.

Happy cruising...Jenny and John

Hi Doug, I just "bumped" my "Welcome to the big Four" thread.

I've been most complimentary regarding Oceania since their performance on our 31 day b-2-b was "super". We've booked three add'l future cruises with them, and, will book more once they announce their post-Nov.'06 schedule.

As I've mentioned on some other threads, not on this board, but, Oceania far exceeded Radisson in overall performance in our single trips, both b-2-b's, aboard both cruiselines. They mearured nicely, foodwise, to Crystal. We can't comment on Silverseas since we've not sailed SS. To conclude, however, Seabourn remains in a class by itself!

We've done the "southerly" crossing three times, the QE-2 in '03 from Cape Town to Southampton, the Constellation in '04 from San Juan, and, Insignia this past March from Barbados, all in the spring, and, all were excellent weather wise. Surprisingly, we've not yet done a fall "southerly" crossing!

Don't even think about it, you'll be well satisfied with Oceania!

To all those on the t/a from Barbados to Marseille:

You might be interested in an article in today's New York Times Travel section on Marseille. (http://www.nytimes.com)

We are planning on spending a few days at the end of this cruise in Provence. We were not planning to spend any time in Marseille itself. Truthfully, after skimming this article my plans have not changed. Too much to see that appeals to me more.

Anyone else going to stay on after we disembark?

Marilyn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Aaaanthony:

Just got back last night from 3 weeks in China & Japan. Really looking forward to a restful vacation. Did a lot of shlepping luggage through train stations on this one.

If you and I are the only ones replying to this message we should have no trouble getting a table by the window in the dining room.

Come on people . . . where are you?

Marilyn

Archived