RCCL Radiance cabin options with 2.5y/o

trickyquickfeet

Just wondering if anyone could give me feedback on cruising with a 2.5 year old in either a balcony cabin or a junior suite?

I am particularly interested in hearing if anyone used the dividing curtains with any success? I am hoping that it will mean that my husband and I dont have to go to sleep at our son's bedtime every night. We could read or watch a movie on the iPad without disturbing our son. Of course, this is all in theory - which is why I need advice!

Is the space in the JS worth the extra expense?

The JS means the bathtub. And the added closet space since - if my memory serves me - they are walk in closets (except the Aft JS's on some RCI classes).

And yes - you can pull the curtain somewhat - but we always just go outside to the balcony. Wait till he falls asleep - then you can come back inside.

Definitely make use of the balcony...and yes...a JS is worth the space! The walk-in closet is actually large enough to stick a crib or P&P into....just keep the door ajar! And, on Radiance class, the curtain in the JS goes almost all the way across the cabin!

Just wondering if anyone could give me feedback on cruising with a 2.5 year old in either a balcony cabin or a junior suite?

I am particularly interested in hearing if anyone used the dividing curtains with any success? I am hoping that it will mean that my husband and I dont have to go to sleep at our son's bedtime every night. We could read or watch a movie on the iPad without disturbing our son. Of course, this is all in theory - which is why I need advice!

Is the space in the JS worth the extra expense?

yes, IMHO. We just got back with dd, 14 months, and booked the same room for next year.

My kid is a light sleeper, but I found if she falls asleep with the noise (tv/music) then she stays asleep with it on.

I put her to bed in the big bed though, dh didn't want her on the couch made into a bed.

We hung out on the deck, listened to music or watched a movie-no issues and had room service.

I don't know about the JS.

Archived