Dream Library w/childrens books???

pepsicruiser

This may sound odd but since I'm taking my 7 yr old 2nd grader out of school he will be making up school work. So far I am sure since he reads 1 book (story) per night now he will be responsible to read 1 book a day besides other work while on vacation. If there is a library on board do they have books suitable for a 2nd grader so it will be one thing less for me to carry for 7 days. Thanks

This may sound odd but since I'm taking my 7 yr old 2nd grader out of school he will be making up school work. So far I am sure since he reads 1 book (story) per night now he will be responsible to read 1 book a day besides other work while on vacation. If there is a library on board do they have books suitable for a 2nd grader so it will be one thing less for me to carry for 7 days. Thanks

Disney ships don't have libraries.

I think there may be some books in the Club/Lab area, but they must remain there, if they do have them. Have you looked into a children's short story collection? That would only be one book to take along.

:)

Disney ships don't have libraries.

I think there may be some books in the Club/Lab area, but they must remain there, if they do have them. Have you looked into a children's short story collection? That would only be one book to take along.

The Magic did have books/magazines for lending in the Cafe Cove. Just not for kids (well, I found Harry Potter...)

They had books in the Club, but yes, they have to stay there. They had a nice collection, and they do have open house hours. I'm sure if your son would spend his time reading though....

What about kindle/nook/ipad? or ereader on your phone? LOTS of ebooks for kids. The treehouse books? Dr. Suess? (his ebooks are on sale at the google store, I just bought a few for dd)

If not, then a collections of stories. I'm not sure what's 2nd grade reading level, but check your local library for collections.

Silly me we have a nook and kindle or ipad here. I'll get on it right away. I never thought about it for the 7yr old.

really? lol. I thought most kids had those! It seems every kid I know has gotten a hold the mom's/dad's electronics or have their own (my kid's getting an ipad or ipad mini from her aunt next year....:eek:) I already gave her my nook color, for read to me aps and she stole her dad's phone. (he turned it into a mp3 player for her).

You can also borrow ebooks books from the library and there are TONS of free ones. But again, I have no idea what the reading level is for second grade.

Tip-he can read in the car/flight there and/or while waiting in line to board/disembark, as not to 'waste' vacation time...

really? lol. I thought most kids had those! It seems every kid I know has gotten a hold the mom's/dad's electronics or have their own (my kid's getting an ipad or ipad mini from her aunt next year....:eek:) I already gave her my nook color, for read to me aps and she stole her dad's phone. (he turned it into a mp3 player for her).

You can also borrow ebooks books from the library and there are TONS of free ones. But again, I have no idea what the reading level is for second grade.

Tip-he can read in the car/flight there and/or while waiting in line to board/disembark, as not to 'waste' vacation time...

We don't have a kindle/nook or any aps for books. We like books.

We don't have a kindle/nook or any aps for books. We like books.

I do to! But kindle holds way more books than the airlines will let me carry :D (I could read a nice pile of books back before dd. And when traveling with inlaws, I mostly read all day!)

My kid has too many books...yes, that's really possible. I'm about to clear out all my old college books so she can have another shelve to fit the pile of books from Christmas. :cool:

The read to me books are in place of tv/dvd, as a 'treat'. (the only tv she's watched was last week -I decided one night was fine, I wasn't skipping dinner over it-and on Christmas Eve)

Archived