So many Bad Legend reviews??

spunke

We are on the legend next week and have become increasingly concerned about all the bad reviews on the Legend. This is not our first cruise and we are usually pretty easy to please but how can all of these bad reviews about the food and service be wrong??

We were on the Freedom two years ago and had a great time. In all I don't think the Carnival has as much attention to detail as say Celebrity- but I also didn't pay Celebrity prices??

Any thoughts recent Legend passengers?

We are on the legend next week and have become increasingly concerned about all the bad reviews on the Legend. This is not our first cruise and we are usually pretty easy to please but how can all of these bad reviews about the food and service be wrong??

We were on the Freedom two years ago and had a great time. In all I don't think the Carnival has as much attention to detail as say Celebrity- but I also didn't pay Celebrity prices??

We loved the Legend! My only complaint was one night in the MDR our waiter was pretty bad and I am pretty easy to please. Hope you enjoy your trip! My review is in my signature if you would like to read it. :D

Go and have a good time, I check out the reviews and you have to take them with grain of salt. Most of the really negative ones went looking for something to complain about. Lots of " bad service" without any specifics, or they let one bad moment throw them into a negative attitude about everything. I am sure there was someone complaining just as much on the last cruise you really enjoyed.

We were on the Legend 2 weeks ago and really had a great time. This was our 2nd cruise on the Legend. Staff were super friendly and were always asking if we needed something. Food was good and our service except for one evening was very good. We had anytime dining and did not have to wait for a table any night. The Comedy Club had excellent comedians and we enjoyed it several times. Our cabin steward was so nice and he and his staff kept our room spotless. We stayed on the ship at the port in Belieze and had a fun lazy day. There were more things to do than we had time to do. Enjoy your cruise on the Legend. We certainly did and plan to cruise the Legend again someday. ;)

Was on the Legend this spring and all I can say is complainers will complain. It is my favorite ship and cruise to date. Any problems we encountered were minor and didn't affect our experience. My food was hot, the entertainment was entertaining, the excursions were outstanding, and the coffee was drinkable. There were some chogs but I still managed to find a chair. Overall I give that cruise a B+ to an A-.

Thanks for the positive responses - I agree that most people probably had a good time but the reviews are so bad?

Any comments on the food in the MDR? I never think cruise food is five star but steak cooked to order and warm food shouldn't be all that difficult?

I sail Legend often. Last at the end of Nov. and had a GREAT time! All of the entertainment staff knew me by name.

Before dinner I told the waiter I'd had a lot of problems in past with tepid to cold food. With that I got hot food every time. Very attentive waiter.

I didn't like my cabin 7262. It's the first after the indent so when the wind blew it smacked against the divider and sounded like a hurricane when on the balcony. It was only that bad on the last sea day as the Captain was hauling at 22 knots and the wind was already at about 20-30 mph. I was out on the balcony a lot and it wa shady enough not to get a burn. Cabin had a lot of dings and wear and tear. Even had the old leather pulls for door knobs on closets. No sheer at the balcony that trip or the one before.

Only damage I saw around the ship was inside the elevator doors--every one but the atrium glass ones. Some graffiti had been etched off. Too bad someone had nothing better to do on a cruise then put graffiti in every elevator.

One guy playing the guitar and singing in the atrium was terrible. Then I found out he had a cold and isn't usually that bad.

They did a flash mob one day on the Lido. Entertainment staff taought a bunch of cruisers how to do it over a few days.

Won 3 ships on a stick and a medal. Busy as I wanted to be. Great time in ports. We had a good CC roll call too!

Had so much fun I've booked again for March and October!

We took our latest cruise on the Legend in Sept. We had a great time! Did not see much of our cabin stewart, but our cabin was spotless. Had YTD dining and always were seated at a table for 2 each night with no waiting in line. Food was good, hot, and plentiful. Ports of call were awesome! As others have posted, there will always be some people who are looking for something to fault, and will never admit to having a good experience. Was everything perfect with our cruise? No, but we just go with the flow and tend to overlook little problems. Go and have a great time!

Just off the Legend the 16th..thought the cruise was awesome...(my second time on Legend) and this one was better than last!

The food was ALWAYS hot (we had 6pm dining).

Our wait staff were wonderful..attentive but not intrusive....

Room was always spotless..and our room steward (ess?) Ne, was working under some duress cause DH was laid up a great deal of the time with a bad back and she worked 'around' him alot. She always cheerful about it and we 'took good care of her' at the beginning and end of the cruise.

I would definitely sail her again any chance I get!

Most people who have a good time will not type about it.

Majority of people who have a complaint will find everything wrong.

I suggest staying away from reviews.

go on your cruise and form your own opinion

I think that most people who cruise, dont write cruise reviews, and many dont even know about this website or other similar ones. So any very negative reviews you see are likely from people who find something to complain about anyway and look for somewhere to complain.

I know two groups of folks, who sailed on the Legend (not together, but two seperate cruises, a year plus apart) and both came back raving about the ship, the cruise and cant wait to sail again.

Every time I book a cruise, I end up seeing loads of bad reviews of said ship, but also just as many or more good ones. I tend to take more out of a balanced review with some negative, some good, some very good, and some great things. Also you will often find that the negative aspects of someone elses review are things that would not affect you anyway.

Go on your cruise and have a great time! Most of all come back and tell us all about it:)

I cruised the Legend in October and loved it. Room Stewart was great, never had a problem with cold food in the MDR, and was ready to book my next cruise before it was over. My only complaint was that my special requests for room service were never fulfilled. Go and have a wonderful time.

I look at reviews to gain information about the ship or ports. Most of the negative reviews are sour apples IMO:D. I've had fun on every cruise I have been on, some more than others. Sure not everything goes as planned but I think the positives by far outweigh the negatives.

Loved the Legend, no problems, lots of fun, good food, staff that I saw was great.

I think SOME people like to nit-pick just to have something to say and to stir the pot.

Have a great time on your cruise and let us know how it went. Looking forward to YOUR comments. :)

We were on the Legend in October and it was FABULOUS. Maybe not my favorite cruise, but definitely that of some of the members of my party. This has probably already been mentioned, but people are always more likely to write a bad revivew after a bad experience than people who have a good time. I'm sure you will have a blast!

I was on the Dec 2 Legend cruise and it was one of my favorite ships! I had been disappointed in the food and service on the last few ships I was on, but the Legend was exceptional in my opinion. Not to mention, I'm a fan of the Spirit Class ships...they never seem crowded.

I was on the legend at the end of Nov. It was a cruise and that can never be bad! That being said, I was very shocked by a few things. First of all, the servers and waiters did their job and that was about it. When they did interact with us it was to make fun of other passengers. One day my hubby and I were sitting on Lido and an African American woman walked by us who was dressed pretty loudly. One of the servers turned and looked at me and started laughing. We made eye contact and that apparently invited him over to have a conversation with us. He walked over and started telling us how all the crew have names for "black" people. He continued to go on and on and finally we just got up and walked away. Later that night we were sitting by the pizza place and overheard one of the woman pushing the steakhouse cart talking to another couple. She was telling them how the crew is not treated well on this ship and if it continues she would be leaving before her contract was up even if that meant she had to lie and tell them someone in her family was sick. I just felt as if the staff was unhappy and unprofessional.

Also walking around the ship you would see food out in the hallway for LONG periods of time. I didn't let it ruin my vaction. I still had fun with my family but it really did put a bad taste in my mouth for carnival. Our only other cruises were on Disney and their service and eye for detail was top notch.

I just think all the Legend lovers skip on writing the review and I am one of them. We were on it November 4th - loved two connecting cabins (5467, 5469), loved the waiters ( table 176 Karl), loved cabin attendant Carmelo. Ship in great condition. Never had an issue to find sits by the pool. Never spend long time in the buffet lines. Great deli. Can't comment on shows - we skipped them all this time. We did attend Past Guest Party - I thought it was decent. Well.. only food was ok. We had better on the previous cruises. Loved all the ports.

We just got off the Legend on 12/23/12/. The worse Cruise ever. The food was Awefull. The Waiters Poorly trained and Very Rude. Never could find any one to get us drinks on Lido Deck. Only good thing Was Vilamor our cabin Steward. He was always there with a smile. I think they are getting ready for 2.0 upgrades and the lack of service and rude staff stays tons to me. I am done with Carnival and Moving over to the Other side. You do get what you pay for and I am sure some people can not get enough of those Hariy Chest Contest. Also the Shows were the worst. My sons High school Musical was better.

Archived