Celebrity Captain's table

neverbeenhere

Do you accept the invitation to the Captain's table? What's the best "gift" you have received at the table?

Yes. They always make a photo of the participants and that is a nice keepsake.

The wine is usually good and the service is top notch.

Do you accept the invitation to the Captain's table? What's the best "gift" you have received at the table?

Yes, I think it is quite an honor. Ladies receive a rose and everyone receives a photo of the guests seated at the table. Have met some very nice fellow guests this way.

Anne

We were very surprised to be invited to the Captains table on the formal night of our recent Summit cruise. It was our very first cruise on Celebrity, which made it even more puzzling. There was a very nice young man who coordinated the event and I asked him why we were selected. He told me that he had observed us on the ship - socializing and enjoying ourselves and believed that we would be a nice addition to the group. It was very flattering and we were most appreciative. We have a very nice picture of the event and we will always remember how special it was; it also made me aware that some of the people at the table are just ordinary passengers like ourselves.

Now that you brought it up and got me thinking....

Is there some kind of seating setup at the table besides lady, gent, lady, gent..etc.? Who sits at the host's right side is by request or most frequent Celebrity guest or best looking (LOL) ?

Thanks for your input.

We did! We went and had a great time - the photo, the rose. We actually met at the Molecular Bar for a half hour beforehand with the entire group eating at the table. Met the Captain's Club hostess there and she toasted champagne with us. Later when we got back to our rooms we had an invitation to the bridge the next morning (hush-hush!). Oh, and there was a second rose in a vase in our stateroom when we got back. Maybe they made more of a deal because there were only 55 Elites on the entire cruise and it seemed like you had to be either elite or in a suite or both to have been invited.

I will say we were at the first seating at the STAFF captain's table. The BIG captain's table was 2nd seating. But we all met and chatted the next day on the bridge. I'm not sure how they decided who went to the other one, probably the penthouse?

Just read your last question --- I happened to be at the captain's right side - and one of the other ladies was at his left side. It seemed planned out (there were namecards) but couldn't have told you what the rhyme and reason was.

The safety officer and two safety inspectors were also at our table. With the captain it was 10 people.

Archived