How to get to the helicopter pad on IOS

angogl

Alot of you may know, but I would have never found it if someone who had previously sailed hadn't told me before we boarded.

Take the forward elevator to deck 4. Go out the starboard sliding doors and then take a left. You will see stairs in front of you. Go up the stairs! :D

We watched the sun set and rise from this spot most days. It's nice too because they have benches up there (especially if the wind is rough)!

DH and I did our Honeymoon on the NoS back in 2002. It was the nav's 6th sailing so no one completly knew the layout yet.

On the last night of the cruise we were just wandering aimlessly taking things in when we heard a guy say to his 2 friends, "you've gotta see the helicopter landing, it's awesome." DH and I looked at each and said, "let's follow". About 2 mins in we realized guy was SUPER drunk and was holding a bud in each hand, lol. We followed him and his stumbling friends anyway. We went up the elevator, down the elevator, up stairs and down stairs and nothing. Eventually we hear him say, "I know it's here, I slept here last night when XXX kicked me out of the room." Dh and I then realized how dumb we were for following drunk and dumber to find a heli pad. We ditched them and found it on our own. We still laugh about that sometimes. It was worth the effort though. We saw some dolphins swimming with the ship and there was an almost full moon. Never did see those guys there though, lol!

Archived