Wait list, any hope?

luciabox

Hello everyone :)

I have a doubt. This is our second on Oceania (Riviera on August) and we are on the wait list for a inside stateroom onboard Nautica, November-2013.

Does anyone know how Oceania processes their wait lists?

I know that "it is a game of chance" and it most likely depends on our position in the wait list (I don´t know our position)

We have never been on a waitlist before.

Any hope?

Thanks in advanced

Hello everyone :)

I have a doubt. This is our second on Oceania (Riviera on August) and we are on the wait list for a inside stateroom onboard Nautica, November-2013.

Does anyone know how Oceania processes their wait lists?

I know that "it is a game of chance" and it most likely depends on our position in the wait list (I don´t know our position)

We have never been on a waitlist before.

Any hope?

Thanks in advanced

Wait list positions are not classified. Ask.

Thank you :)

It´s my first time on a waitlist

I thought I read somewhere that there were two waitlists. One for people who paid the deposit and one for those who haven't. Implied the list of those who paid had priority over those that hadn't. I could have misunderstood the post. Good luck

I thought I read somewhere that there were two waitlists. One for people who paid the deposit and one for those who haven't. Implied the list of those who paid had priority over those that hadn't. I could have misunderstood the post. Good luck

Thanks for the information :)

Ask my TA.

We have not paid any deposit, but I gladly pay if it gives us an advantage in the waiting list

Thanks for the information :)

Ask my TA.

We have not paid any deposit, but I gladly pay if it gives us an advantage in the waiting list

You cannot win if you do not buy a ticket :D

Pay the deposit for the cruise

We were on the wait list for a Regent cruise and our TA strongly advised, I mean STRONGLY advised, to pay the deposit. Sure enough, our cabin did come through.

Too bad we decided not to take the cruise!

But as everyone else has said, if you really want that cruise put up the deposit.

Mura

This is also what our TA told us. luciabox' date=' while what your TA said about the deposit not being "required" is true, you'll do better on the wait list if you've paid it. Good luck. [/size']

Having just booked Marina for 2014, I paid a deposit and my invoice says "GTY" which I assume is a guaranty cabin designation just like other cruiselines?

Yes! You will get a cabin in the category you booked in or better.... Just make sure you are happy with the category, as that is where you may end up.

The OP is on a "wait list" for a sold out cruise or category.... He is not guaranteed being able to sail at all.

It is also my understanding that folks willing to pay a deposit are on a higher priority "wait list".

Having just booked Marina for 2014, I paid a deposit and my invoice says "GTY" which I assume is a guaranty cabin designation just like other cruiselines?

Yes, GTY is a guarantee you will be on the cruise, at the level cabin you chose, or higher. You just won't know your cabin # until close to sailing, maybe even until the day of embarkation. But you WILL get a cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, GTY is a guarantee you will be on the cruise, at the level cabin you chose, or higher. You just won't know your cabin # until close to sailing, maybe even until the day of embarkation. But you WILL get a cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

And it could be assigned six months in advance. From that point you can jiggle it if you find a location more to your liking.

The OP is on a "wait list" for a sold out cruise or category....

I believe if it is SOLD OUT that is it ... no more reservations accepted

They may have a waitlist but but there is probably little hope on a SOLD OUT cruise

Then again I could be wrong ;)

Lyn

Do you have the option of choosing a cabin in your Cat of choice?

If so I would do that ...I like to know where I will be on the ship but that is just me

If so I would do that ...I like to know where I will be on the ship but that is just me

No! Computers are not set up for that. You may only wait list a category. And the odds of getting a specific cabin (if allowed) would be slim in most cases.

No! Computers are not set up for that. You may only wait list a category. And the odds of getting a specific cabin (if allowed) would be slim in most cases.

just asking

Some people book a GTY in hopes they may get a free upgrade when cabins are still available

A TA or Res agent will be able to get a cabin if they are available

Of course if there are no cabins in that Cat then a GTY or Waitlist may be the only way to go

You must be privy to more information on what cruise & Cat PIRATESHARK booked

Lyn

You are not alone about ship location. IF I can't get what I want I stay home or look elsewhere. On Marina there are only two PH I would book. So paid the deposit and finally one came available before final due.:cool:

If you have a GTY, the chances of getting a free upgrade are slim. It does sometimes happen, but not often enough to count on it.

What usually happens s that customers who booked early in that category will be given first crack at an upsell, designed to make room in that category for the folks with the GTY. It makes sense; if someone has made an early commitment to a booking, they deserve more of a chance of a better cabin than the person who has waited to make the booking.

If no one in that category accepts the upsell offers, they'll sweeten the pot a little until they get a winner. They may even offer a free upgrade to the early bookers if no one accepts the upsell. If that fails, they may offer the customer with the GTY an upsell.

After all the GTYs are satisfied, they begin the process over again with the waitlist folks. Again, they favor the early commitments over the folks who came later to the party.

One way or another, the folks with a GTY will definitely get a cabin; depending on how many cancellations they get, most of the waitlist folks may be accommodated but there's no guarantee. Like insurance actuaries, they have it down to a reasonable science and know when to convert the waitlist to "sold out". It's not a perfect science, however.

If you have a GTY, the chances of getting a free upgrade are slim. It does sometimes happen, but not often enough to count on it.

What usually happens s that customers who booked early in that category will be given first crack at an upsell, designed to make room in that category for the folks with the GTY. It makes sense; if someone has made an early commitment to a booking, they deserve more of a chance of a better cabin than the person who has waited to make the booking.

If no one in that category accepts the upsell offers, they'll sweeten the pot a little until they get a winner. They may even offer a free upgrade to the early bookers if no one accepts the upsell. If that fails, they may offer the customer with the GTY an upsell.

After all the GTYs are satisfied, they begin the process over again with the waitlist folks. Again, they favor the early commitments over the folks who came later to the party.

One way or another, the folks with a GTY will definitely get a cabin; depending on how many cancellations they get, most of the waitlist folks may be accommodated but there's no guarantee. Like insurance actuaries, they have it down to a reasonable science and know when to convert the waitlist to "sold out". It's not a perfect science, however.

Final thought. If you can afford it and want it, grab it. Roll the dice...I've seen "sold out" go to "book category and special promotion". Currently this applies to......

Archived