Can you change ships?

patikake

I just have a quick question. Our friends where going on the Legend with us on 1/27/2013. They have to cancel because he got hurt. We didn't want to go on the Legend but decide to go because thats what they wanted to do. Does anyone know if you can change ships this late?

It would be considered a cancellation and a new booking.

We got stuck going on a cruise with another couple who lived in CA, and wanted us to sail with them down the Mexican Riveriera. His father died, and we ended up going alone, cross country.

But we ended up meeting a great group of people we probably would not have met had we sailed with this couple.

Why not just go and try to have fun without them? There will be 2000+ people on the ship so it's possible that you may meet another couple or group while you're there and have a blast. We are on the same cruise and there's a great roll call going. Come over and join us!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1608453

Unlikely, but call Carnival and ask. If it doesn't work, call back and talk to someone else. You never know what they might say. They have bent & broken rules before. Good luck!

If you're worried about the Legend because of some bad reviews, don't let that discourage you. People can be pretty ruthless around here. I went on a ship that was getting unbelievably horrible reviews, and it turned out to be my best cruise by far. If it's for another reason, such as past experience with the ship or a similar ship, I understand.

I've done it, no problem.

We had booked on the Breeze, but decided to switch to the Dream instead because of an event in Orlando we wanted to go to pre-cruise.

We got charged $50/pp for the change because we booked ES, but we switched ships no problem. We did owe more on our final payment because we went from a 6-day Breeze to a 7-day on the Dream. But the only "fee" was the $50/pp ES charge.

We have had a few questions about the posts on how bad the Legend is. I even had some doubts before out friends had to cancel. We have made final payment of course I just wanted to go on a bigger ship. Thanks for all the replys. I think I will call Carnival & give it a try. This will be our 14th cruise o

Carnival and about the 22nd over all. I know it will be ok cause I will be out of Ohio....I just was wondering for the bigger ship.

We have had a few questions about the posts on how bad the Legend is. I even had some doubts before out friends had to cancel. We have made final payment of course I just wanted to go on a bigger ship. Thanks for all the replys. I think I will call Carnival & give it a try. This will be our 14th cruise o

Carnival and about the 22nd over all. I know it will be ok cause I will be out of Ohio....I just was wondering for the bigger ship.

We were on the Legend last January and love that class of ship (Spirit Class).

We were on the Legend a couple months ago (third time on that ship) and I have no clue where all these complaints come from.

Why not just go and try to have fun without them?
Because the OP already stated that they didn't want to go on Legend. And frankly, I do not blame them one bit. Believe the reviews, they are accurate.

Archived