Library on the Eclipse

Can'tstopcruising

All ship libraries are hit-and-miss. You may find a great read, or not. And what you consider "good books" could be wildly different than what the person who stocked the library thought was a good book. You'll also find some books left behind by previous cruisers, again, the variety may astound you, but whether anything will appeal to you, who knows?

We will be on the Eclipse for 14 days and I will need some good books. I was wondering how well stocked the library is. Any experiences?

The library has a reasonable selection, but you may need to get in early, before the most popular books are taken.

There didn't seem to be any supervision of how many books you took out, or any checking of when they were returned.

Unfortunately, the library isn't a peaceful place to sit and read, as it gets the full benefit of the loud music from the atrium.

I agree with what Celle said. I've found the Holland America libraries with Internet cafe included to be a lot more user-friendly, one of the things I miss most when we go on Celebrity.

Well, yes and no! I wasn't a big fan of the library area on Eclipse, but I loved the libraries on Millennium and Infinity.

Architecturally, the library is stunning. As for the quality of the books, not so much. However, this is obviously subjective. I brought three books from home that I wanted to read and finished two of them.

Just back from the Eclipse and I was very happy with the library. There was quite a big selection of both Fiction and Non-Fiction(all Hardcovers) that belonged to the library. There was a sign out sheet and a return area for books. The books did get picked over the first couple of days. Several of the books that people I saw on the pool decks were reading were dropped off in the library for others to choose. I personally belong to bookcrossing and brought 60(yes 60)paperback books to leave in the library and they were quite a hit and only a couple were left by the end of the cruise.

037.JPG.2e7b5330d6d8db5e437479596be1c90b.JPG

038.JPG.e800055469d7b3634dcd5e55fc3dc6f1.JPG

039.jpg.e146c9b59c8d83c41fb477a5aa4f878e.jpg

Archived