Are there any Epic B6 category balconies to recommend and/or avoid

HowardK

When are you looking to cruise? Hubby & I are in 12241 next week (1/5/13) so I will be sure to take many pics as I haven't had much luck finding any pics. Both of the two you mentioned have the bed by the door whereas ours has the bed near the balcony so the layout will be a bit different. If the deck plans are pretty accurate, it appears that our cabin has just about the largest balcony on board and we are very excited.

The staterooms on Deck 12 of the Epic are similar in style and arrangement to those on Deck 11. There are two Penthouse Suites aft, an array of Balcony staterooms and inside cabins from which to choose, two choices of family cabin types, and several studios. Again, Deck 12 is going to be a quieter deck due to cabins beneath and below all staterooms and suites, as these provide a bit of a sound barrier from the noises generated from public areas. Some of the best staterooms are on Deck 12 of the Norwegian Epic!

Forward and aft on Deck 12 of the Norwegian Epic, Family Balcony Staterooms which alternate with Balcony Staterooms (12024- 12078 and 12276- 12308 port side and 12019- 12069 and 12271- 12303 starboard). These are about 30 sq. ft. smaller than the Deluxe Family Staterooms. Of these, we suggest 12072 and 12308 because these Family Balcony Staterooms have slightly larger balconies. As mentioned, family cabins reserve quickly. If this is your choice, we recommend you book one as soon as possible.

Deluxe Family Staterooms offer 245 sq. ft. including balcony space. These alternate with Deluxe Balcony Staterooms midship on Deck 12 of the Norwegian Epic (12074- 12086 and 12246- 12264 port side and 12075- 12087 and 12249- 12265 starboard). Again, family accommodations are quite popular so we suggest reserving one early if this is your preference.

Interior cabins 12186- 12183 are larger than standard. Deck 12 of the Epic is also a great location for a quieter inside stateroom.

There are 65 Studios on Deck 12 of the Epic. Designed for up to two people, these 100 sq. ft. cabins are a nice find for solo travelers!

Balcony Staterooms 12268, 12270, 12267, and 12269 are larger than standard and have larger balconies.

Aft on Deck 12 of the Norwegian Epic, Penthouse Suites 12318 and 12317 offer luxurious accommodations and will command a fantastic (less breezy) view of the ocean.

On either side of the Penthouse Suites, Balcony Staterooms 12310- 12316 and 12309- 12315 share that same wonderful aft ocean view!

When are you looking to cruise? Hubby & I are in 12241 next week (1/5/13) so I will be sure to take many pics as I haven't had much luck finding any pics. Both of the two you mentioned have the bed by the door whereas ours has the bed near the balcony so the layout will be a bit different. If the deck plans are pretty accurate, it appears that our cabin has just about the largest balcony on board and we are very excited.

Enjoy your cruise! We'll be looking forward to your photos as we have 12241 booked for the 8 day next January.

When are you looking to cruise? Hubby & I are in 12241 next week (1/5/13) so I will be sure to take many pics as I haven't had much luck finding any pics.

I just wanted to be sure that you saw these previously posted pics of your wonderful 12241 balcony shown from the outside :D:

122411h.jpg

122412.jpg

Have a wonderful cruise, we'll be on the Epic the week after you!

If the deck plans are pretty accurate, it appears that our cabin has just about the largest balcony on board and we are very excited.

Speaking of large balconies, this photo of the Cat M9 Spa Mini Suite #14118 balcony always impresses me:

14118balc.jpg

Described in another review as "The balcony of room 14118 is 3 times the size of the other cabins....the only one that size. It is at the end of the corridor and there is no traffic by the room other than staff".

Another great balcony!

In my opinion stay away from 12001, 12005, 12009, 12013 and 12015 - these are the first five balcony cabins on the starboard side on deck 12 and although have very large balconys are all "enclosed". We just got back and we HATED these balconies. Nothing like sitting on your balcony and staring at the white hull of the ship and not seeing the beautiful ocean and waves. We were "sold" all these for our family Christmas cruise and were not told by NCL that they were this way. Very disappointed.

Hello, thanks for all of your posts;

right now it is showing for B6 the following after I took mine:

10001 DECK 10 12242 DECK 12 12070 DECK 12 12017 DECK 12 12016 DECK 12 12015 DECK 12 12014 DECK 12 12013 DECK 12 12012 DECK 12 12008 DECK 12 12004 DECK 12 12001 DECK 12 12000 DECK 12 11172 DECK 11 11189 DECK 11

Thanks for the post on 12241- I can see 12237 clearly.

jdmv- i enjoyed reading your list and book marked it.

Last year I was in a studio and had 12513 and loved the hole week.

Since I do take the platinum insurance always (yes, I know that maybe I should look at 3rd party insurance),

the price of the balcony comes to $1,700 vs $1,100 for the studio-

I can always work with NCL later if anyone ends up going with me (as someone on our trip did)

*Note that the total price for my studio on the Breakaway 9/15 is $1,340- so I am considering just doing the Epic again as I have never had a balcony

Edited by HowardK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cruisin07family - I'm in the same room you had for an upcoming European cruise. Did the chairs/lounger/table all come as you entered your room, or did you have to call ahead or make a call when you were in the room to get those placed there? Did you like the angle the balcony is on? I'm concerned that given the angle the balcony slants you will only be able to see everything that is ahead of you and nothing behind the ship.

We were in 11099 which is basically the same balcony but angled to the back. You need to ask your room steward to get you a lounge chair. We asked for 2, tipped him and they were there within hours. Plenty of room for the loungers, the chairs and the little table.

Sicne we were angled to the back, it was difficult to see directly to the front of the ship, so you will have a similarly difficult time seeing towards the back. It was really no big deal to us. I was more concerned about privacy while we were on the balcony and it was plenty private.

I have a bunch of pictures in my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1802252

• 1 year later...
I just wanted to be sure that you saw these previously posted pics of your wonderful 12241 balcony shown from the outside :D:

Have a wonderful cruise, we'll be on the Epic the week after you!

Speaking of large balconies, this photo of the Cat M9 Spa Mini Suite #14118 balcony always impresses me:

Another great balcony!

I realize this is an old post. Hopefully the poster is still around. Just wondering about noise from above? Cabin 14118 looks to be right under the pool deck. Thanks!