Carry On Wine at Port

angel24_ga

I didn't try this, but someone else posted this trick: Buy two bottles of wine in port. The x-ray person will spot the bottles in your bag and direct you to the table to check the bottles, but the person at the table has no idea how many you have. Check one bottle and bring the other one onboard.

So I know you can bring on 1 bottle per person during embarkation but can you do it at each port also?

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO angel24_ga: Unless it is a special wine that you probably can't get on board, I wouldn't do it. I also hate carrying extra things on board. Most wines I could get on board. However, if you have a special bottle for a special occasion take it along.

I didn't try this, but someone else posted this trick: Buy two bottles of wine in port. The x-ray person will spot the bottles in your bag and direct you to the table to check the bottles, but the person at the table has no idea how many you have. Check one bottle and bring the other one onboard.

Sometimes they will be more vigilant than others

It really depends on the itinerary. On our Med Cruise in September we took on 4 bottles, and purchased wine in EVERY port (3 bottles in Dubrovnik even!) and no one said a word. We had no problem!

Mexico/Caribbean is a totally different story! It's been my experience that they monitor the alcohol like hawks!

Archived