Why do you love the DAWN?

vols_159

I'm booked on that repo as well. Just moved from a mini suite up to an aft penthouse. Im Sure I won't regret it!

I just booked my second cruise aboard the Dawn. Last year we cruised Boston to Bermuda.

The next cruise will be a 12 day repositioning from Tampa back to Boston.

The Dawn is a beautifully appointed ship with great service & entertainment. We enjoyed the pool area, with its stadium seating.

Hopefully, Patti & Jose will be on board to entertain in April. They were magnificent.

We are booked on the repo as well! We have been trying to find other people on the cruise. It is our first time on NCL and I am a little apprehensive about free-style cruising. Also, we wanted to try to find people who might be interested in activities on land. We hate shore excursions, but have found that it is easier to go with other people.

We are booked on the repo as well! We have been trying to find other people on the cruise. It is our first time on NCL and I am a little apprehensive about free-style cruising. Also, we wanted to try to find people who might be interested in activities on land. We hate shore excursions, but have found that it is easier to go with other people.

We have a whole thread and other things on CC. Look on roll calls for "just booked 4/21/13. They are great fun. We have a margarita clinic a slot pull a cabin crawl and a meet and greet set up. There is also an excursion site set up. Come and join!!!

I agree!! The Dawn was also our first NCL cruise in 2005 and we loved her!! We loved the atrium and the glass elevators. We are leaving next Sunday on the Dawn from Tampa staying in the Garden Villa! So excited. I also loved the Sun. I would say it is a toss-up between the Dawn and the Sun for me, but I have enjoyed everyone of our NCL cruises. I am going to miss the Spinnaker being at the front of the ship though. It was one of our favorite places to hang out and relax and watch the sea go by.:(

I also miss the old Spinnaker lounge with its windows & views. I hope that NCL doesn't chop up anymore lounges on other ships, in favor of more cabins.

Freestyle is great for dining. You are not tied to a schedule, or the same tablemates for the entire cruise. You eat where you want, when you choose to, and with whom you wish.

I started with traditional cruises, thought that I preferred that, but I don't think that I'd want to go back to it.

Freestyle won me over. NCL's dress code is very relaxed-----resort casual. They changed formal night to Dress up or not night.

With airlines so strict with luggage weight, and charging for each piece----depending upon which airline, You want to bring as little as possible. Gowns and heels stay home now.

Hope to see you on board and at the meet & greet.

On St. Maarten, I want to go to the beach which is adjacent to the airport. Want to see planes soaring overhead.

The dawn is nice but I miss the spinnaker lounge being on deck 12 with windows looking out front. I also don't like that there is no aft outdoor space to dine. I really miss the spirit. Wish they would bring her back. Still we are booked on the dawn 11/1/2013 repo cruise Boston to Tampa 14 night cruise. We like longer cruises and Boston port convenience.

Our first two cruises were on the Sun - love that ship!! Our third was on the Dawn (and funny enough, our next is on the Sky). There are things I really like about both ships!

There were several things I liked better about the Dawn than the Sun. First, in the cabin, the bathrooms were better on the Dawn - I liked the separation of the toilet, shower, and sink area, and the shower definitely seemed more spacious. There was a real hairdryer and the TV was a newer flat screen.

The Dawn's atrium was larger and more dramatic than the Sun - very nice. The public art on the Dawn was really cool if you like art. I liked the deck chairs around the promenade deck - also, more things to do outside like shuffleboard. Blue Lagoon instead of the Sports Bar was nice for 24 hour access to the yummy wings, lol. The buffet was amazing compared to the Sun - I never understood why people complained about the Sun's buffet until I went on the Dawn.

My favorite thing about the Dawn turned out to be the spa - we splurged on the spa pass and it was SO worth it for us. Even though I liked the free access to the steam and sauna on the Sun, I loved the Dawn's spa.

I did miss the Great Outdoors, Las Ramblas, and the Observation Lounge on the Sun - I also preferred the pool & pool deck on the Sun. We sailed in balconies all 3 times, and the Sun's cabins were slightly bigger and had more drawer space (of course you have the tinier bathroom instead).

Basically I'd sail on either ship again in a heartbeat!! :D

LOL - we had heard rave reviews about Jose & Patti from CC, and to be honest, we weren't impressed :confused: - couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about - just not our cup of tea, I guess. They had a lot of fans, though, who were enjoying their performances thoroughly! ;)

Archived