Why do you love the DAWN?

vols_159

I love the Dawn because she was my first Norwegian ship and where I fell in love with Freestyle :D. I sailed her before her most recent dry dock, so I know many things have changed but I am sure she's still the same ship in the core. I'm sure more recent cruisers will have more concrete reasons to love her!

I love the Dawn because she was my first Norwegian ship and where I fell in love with Freestyle :D. I sailed her before her most recent dry dock, so I know many things have changed but I am sure she's still the same ship in the core. I'm sure more recent cruisers will have more concrete reasons to love her!

I agree!! The Dawn was also our first NCL cruise in 2005 and we loved her!! We loved the atrium and the glass elevators. We are leaving next Sunday on the Dawn from Tampa staying in the Garden Villa! So excited. I also loved the Sun. I would say it is a toss-up between the Dawn and the Sun for me, but I have enjoyed everyone of our NCL cruises. I am going to miss the Spinnaker being at the front of the ship though. It was one of our favorite places to hang out and relax and watch the sea go by.:(

It is our next scheduled cruise! From Boston to Bermuda, OCT 2014 (taking 2013). We are looking to do it as an inexpensive vacation and getting our first ever inside room and spending the savings in the spa and on land. First time for everything!

I just booked my second cruise aboard the Dawn. Last year we cruised Boston to Bermuda.

The next cruise will be a 12 day repositioning from Tampa back to Boston.

The Dawn is a beautifully appointed ship with great service & entertainment. We enjoyed the pool area, with its stadium seating.

Hopefully, Patti & Jose will be on board to entertain in April. They were magnificent.

I just booked my second cruise aboard the Dawn. Last year we cruised Boston to Bermuda.

The Dawn is a beautifully appointed ship with great service & entertainment. We enjoyed the pool area, with its stadium seating.

Hopefully, Patti & Jose will be on board to entertain in April. They were magnificent.

I'm booked on that repo as well. Just moved from a mini suite up to an aft penthouse. Im Sure I won't regret it!

Patti & Jose will be back on board the Dawn starting Feburary 10th to June 14th.

I agree!! The Dawn was also our first NCL cruise in 2005 and we loved her!! We loved the atrium and the glass elevators. We are leaving next Sunday on the Dawn from Tampa staying in the Garden Villa! So excited. I also loved the Sun. I would say it is a toss-up between the Dawn and the Sun for me, but I have enjoyed everyone of our NCL cruises. I am going to miss the Spinnaker being at the front of the ship though. It was one of our favorite places to hang out and relax and watch the sea go by.:(

Have a great cruise! If possible, would you be able to find out the concierge for the April repo cruise? Thanks.

I felt very comfortable on the Dawn, much like the Sun and Sky. Great crew. Beautiful ship. Have a great time!

That's great to know. I really enjoyed the Sun and the Sky and I'm looking forward to a great experience next Christmas aboard the Dawn.

We are doing the reverse repo in November. I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
Have a great cruise! If possible, would you be able to find out the concierge for the April repo cruise? Thanks.

Virginia will be concierge for that cruise. She was leaving with us yesterday to go home for 6 weeks but is back on the Dawn starting March 3. She will be on Dawn til October she said. We loved her. She was so sweet and patient.:D

We have sailed the Star and the Dawn, and will be on the Dawn again in early April. It really is a beautiful ship, not to big, great crew, and I too like freestyle.

The entertainment is excellent as well.

But I will say that I also miss the Spinnaker when it was up front.:(

Enjoy!

Sailing on the Dawn for the first time in March I wanna know why you love the Dawn? Best pros/ cons only been on the SUN and SKY

If you look in my signature, I've only been on the Sky and the Dawn. Had a great time on both would sail both again.

I do want to try some of the bigger ships NCL has just to see if they suit me. Would love to try out the water parks on board. Other than that, the smaller ships seem to suit the hubby and I.

So far, the Sky is our favorite. The Dawn is great but the Sky is laid out better and has the outdoor eating area. But, since she only goes to the Bahamas we will be going on other ships too.

I have been on the Jewel, the Epic and the Dawn and every ship has its pros and cons. I loved the kids pool area on the Dawn. I think it was put together even better than the kids pool on the Epic. The Dawn has a cozy feel to her. Everything is easy to get to and there were lots of great places to sit and people watch.

I like the size of the Dawn and this will be our second cruise on her. The Epic was too big for us and didn't have enough outside space. And I know lots of people are sorry about the Spinnaker being gone from Deck 12 forward, but I am not because I booked one of the two bedroom suites. We are very excited about cruising the Dawn again.

sailed the dawn in may 2012 aft penthouse. loved the room, the service was great, patti and jose outstanding. the ship was clean and just big enough not to feel overcrowded. food was very good and the beers cold. we had a great time meeting new friends and booked again in owner's suite for may of 2014 with a group of 20 family and friends. can't wait.

Sailing on the Dawn for the first time in March I wanna know why you love the Dawn? Best pros/ cons only been on the SUN and SKY

The Dawn is much nicer than the Sun in my opinion. (haven't been on the Sky but I believe it's in the class with the Sun)

The Stardust Theater on the Dawn is very nice and full size, just like the Jade/Gem/Jewel class. The one on the Sun had an overhang and seating seemed limited and views were not good unless you were upfront in my experience. Of those I've sailed (Epic, Sun, Dawn, Gem, Jade), Sun is my least favorite. The Jade is my favorite due to its fabulous cruise director, Gary, and the Gem with its comparable layout is second.

I have been on the Jewel, the Epic and the Dawn and every ship has its pros and cons. I loved the kids pool area on the Dawn. I think it was put together even better than the kids pool on the Epic. The Dawn has a cozy feel to her. Everything is easy to get to and there were lots of great places to sit and people watch.

Agree the children's pool area was great on the Dawn. Didn't have kids myself but it looked so good I wanted to get in it myself.

We just got off the Dawn this Sunday the 13th. We were on it a few years ago on a NY/Bermuda run before the upgrade. The buffet area was laid out better than I remember (and nicer than on the Gem), as you can see where the empty seats are and can walk to them easily. We were in an inside cabin (I am frugal/cheap, but we get to cruise 2x a year that way), and had no problems.

My parents and their friends (all experienced world travelers in their 80s) came with us for a relaxing vacation and were thrilled. The food in the MDRs was fine -- we tried to get them to try one of the paid restaurants and they said they were fine with the "regular" food. I agreed (although we did Bamboo for my birthday and our regular Le Bistro visit for a date night).

Alan (and Leslie)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm booked on that repo as well. Just moved from a mini suite up to an aft penthouse. Im Sure I won't regret it!

We are booked on the repo as well! We have been trying to find other people on the cruise. It is our first time on NCL and I am a little apprehensive about free-style cruising. Also, we wanted to try to find people who might be interested in activities on land. We hate shore excursions, but have found that it is easier to go with other people.

Archived