Florida Question for locals

colbe

Thanks for your reply. He is an 85 year old New Zealander, so driving is not really an option. The train has no seats available, so I am just trying to work out what else he could do.

There is a company called Florida Express Bus that has taken over for Cruise Connection. We used Cruise Connection several times when we lived in the Clearwater area. They picked us up at a designated place and dropped us off there. You'd need to have your own transporation there and back, most drop off places don't let you park there.

Marilyn

There is a company called Florida Express Bus that has taken over for Cruise Connection. We used Cruise Connection several times when we lived in the Clearwater area. They picked us up at a designated place and dropped us off there. You'd need to have your own transporation there and back, most drop off places don't let you park there.

Marilyn

Thier website is www.thefloridaexpressbus.com and they do run from Tampa.

Marilyn

Thier website is www.thefloridaexpressbus.com and they do run from Tampa.

Great information!!

Southwest Airlines flies Multiple Non stop flights everyday from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale and back. If you book a fare in advance I think it is $88.

The flight is is only in the air about 42 minutes.Once at fll there are multiple options getting to port everglades as it is only minutes away from the airport, taxis, shuttle buses, maybe even something through Holland America. Good Luck hope all goes great.:D

also, Southwest allows you 2 pieces of checked luggage (up to 45 lbs each.)and a carry-on at no additional fee.;)

I just checked Southwest website and the weight limit is 50 pounds for each piece with maximum size of L+W+H of 62 inches. We are flying them in March and wanted to make sure things had not changed.

I have taken the Southwest flight multiple times between FLL and Tampa. Quick and usually very inexpensive.

A search for the Southwest flights will not come up on many general Web searches (Travelocity, etc). Search directly on the southwest website (www. southwest.com)

Thank you for your help everyone. He is flying to Tampa from NZ to stay with his daughter, then going to FT L to catch a cruise. I knew that someone on here would be able to help.

Archived