train to vancouver

starting my planning of my Alaska cruise out of Vancouver. We are flying into seattle and will stay there a few days before the cruise. We want to catch the train to vancouver the day the cruse leaves. My questions are, will there be enough time to get to the pier and how close is the train station to the pier?

Thanks in advance.

starting my planning of my Alaska cruise out of Vancouver. We are flying into seattle and will stay there a few days before the cruise. We want to catch the train to vancouver the day the cruse leaves. My questions are, will there be enough time to get to the pier and how close is the train station to the pier?

The train arrives at 11:40 am, so barring a major delay, you should be fine. Have you considered coming in the evening before, just to be extra safe?

As I recall, the train station is fairly close to the pier (Canada Place) - perhaps others can give an exact measurement of the distance. It would be a short taxi ride though.

DaveOKC

The train station - Pacific Central station is about 2 miles from the port - a short cab ride away or if you can handle your own luggage you could take our rapid transit Skytrain from the Station to its terminus at Waterfront station and then walk a couple of blocks to Canada Place.

As for coming in from Seattle on the same day - many people do it - in fact there is a good chance that your train will have mostly cruise passengers on board.

Cheers

Dennis

The train station - Pacific Central station is about 2 miles from the port - a short cab ride away or if you can handle your own luggage you could take our rapid transit Skytrain from the Station to its terminus at Waterfront station and then walk a couple of blocks to Canada Place.

From Expo/Millennium line, it's ½ block to Canada Place if you follow the signs to "Canada Place" off the platform; not 2 blocks

Ut, you are correct, Canada Place from Waterfront Station is about 2 blocks from even the rider uses the Howe St. exit from the Expo/Millennium platform....most of it is just underground within Waterfront Station. A word of caution about using this exit for persons handling a lot of luggage or the mobility challenged there is no elevator at this exit, you need to use an escalator. If you need to use an elevator there is one just off the platform that will take you into the main part of the station where your walk will be about 3 blocks to Canada Place.

http://www.translink.ca/~/media/documents/schedules_and_maps/elevator_maps/waterfront_station_elevator_map.ashx

Archived