Help!!! Room Selection On The Allure

GTO-Girl

It's been awhile since I've sailed on RCI, but want to sail on the Allure in November. There are so many room categories that it's making my head spin. Normally we have a balcony......or at the very least an oceanview.

I'm okay with being forward on an regular Oceanview if that's the only choice, but if the price difference is not all that great for a regular balcony I would rather do that.

For those of you who have sailed the Allure/Oasis, which type of room would you choose? (I cannot afford a suite, so need advice on the balcony vs oceanview).

Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!!!!!

We sailed the Allure on 12/9. I would choose a balcony. Most everything on the Allure is geared inward without many views of the sea so the balcony helps bring you closer to the sea.

Also the tables were of standard height and slightly larger than on most ships. Made it very nice to have breakfast out there most mornings. A few times we just had coffee and juice then went to WJ for breakfast. We did that on port days when we didn't want to get off the ship.

If the prices are close go for the balcony.

I love an ocean view balcony cabin. There is just the two of us, so we usually get a D8 stateroom on the Oasis class, as it is usually the least expensive of the "D" category staterooms. All of the "D" staterooms are the same size, however, the D1 cabins are on the hump, thus having a larger balcony. The price difference between D1 and D8 has been about $500 (on those I have checked out; prices do vary).

The size of the D8 balcony is fine with us; it has two chairs and a small table. That is all we really need. The higher price that comes with the bigger balcony is not worth it to us. I would rather spend the money on something else.

I find the stateroom size of the "D" category staterooms is fine for two adults. I also search out and find a stateroom that has the bed closest to the balcony. That is just our preference, as others prefer the sofa near the balcony. There is enough storage both in the room and in the bathroom.

I also get a stateroom just aft of the aft elevators on Deck 6. We like the location - the Boardwalk is a short walk away for that first cup of coffee in the morning. We are two flights of steps from Central Park. I flight up from the Promenade, two flights from the Dining Room. We do have to travel a bit to the pool deck and to the Windjammer.

Hope this helps.

Just like sleepless we prefer a D8 balcony stateroom. We had 7680 on the Allure and felt it was perfect since the aft elevators was just outside our door.

For our next cruise we have booked 8680 on the Oasis. Same location but one floor up.

I would also love to try one of the Boardwalk balconies in the aft. There you can enjoy both the ocean view and the Aqua Theatre. All the good ones were already taken for our cruise, so we went for the D8 again.

Thanks for all the replies!!!

Having never been on this type of ship I am just a bit overwhelmed. We usually get an ocean facing balcony but I was just a little concerned about going with a D8. I would love to save the extra money of a D8 vs a D1. We have only had one aft balcony on Princess and it was a disaster with massive amount of movement and an awful smell, so after that we have avoided afts at all cost.

But I'm thinking a ship this size it probably wouldn't really matter where we were. And part of me also wonders if we would enjoy the Central Park or Boardwalk.

We are planning on booking soon, so I need to make up my stinkin mind...:p.

It is much better to get advice from those who have actually been there. Thanks again!!!

I need to see the ocean. I am on a ship at sea and not in a land hotel. We have booked a D7 many times and love it. The balcony and central park cabins might be fun, but they are not very private. My advice - book an ocean balcony this cruise and then really look at the others to know if they would make you happy.

Bev

Thanks for all the replies!!!

Having never been on this type of ship I am just a bit overwhelmed. We usually get an ocean facing balcony but I was just a little concerned about going with a D8. I would love to save the extra money of a D8 vs a D1. We have only had one aft balcony on Princess and it was a disaster with massive amount of movement and an awful smell, so after that we have avoided afts at all cost.

But I'm thinking a ship this size it probably wouldn't really matter where we were. And part of me also wonders if we would enjoy the Central Park or Boardwalk.

We are planning on booking soon, so I need to make up my stinkin mind...:p.

It is much better to get advice from those who have actually been there. Thanks again!!!

Boardwalk on Allure is realy loud at night.(Rita's cantina). While I loved my BW cabin on Oasis I disliked my cabin on Allure because of the noise at night factor.

We do want a balcony but know we are probably not going to be in the room that much, so we are going to try and book either a D8 or D7.

Even though we are not sailing until November I think we are going to try very soon.

Can someone tell me if we do book and see a price drop before final payment are we able to get that price reduction?

It's okay either way because we will be happy at the price we book, I'm just not knowledgeable about RCI's policy.

We do want a balcony but know we are probably not going to be in the room that much, so we are going to try and book either a D8 or D7.

Even though we are not sailing until November I think we are going to try very soon.

Can someone tell me if we do book and see a price drop before final payment are we able to get that price reduction?

It's okay either way because we will be happy at the price we book, I'm just not knowledgeable about RCI's policy.

Before final payment, YES.

After, NO. But if there is a price drop after final payment, and another category drops lower than yours, you can ask to be switched with no payment in either direction. You can also upgrade for the price difference.

As others have said, all D cabins are the same size. Only location, number of berths, and size of balcony (D1 only) are different.

Also, if you are going to check prices yourself on RC's website, be sure to enter your state of residency. Sometimes a higher D category will have a resident's rate, and the fare will be lower than a D8.

Before final payment, YES.

After, NO. But if there is a price drop after final payment, and another category drops lower than yours, you can ask to be switched with no payment in either direction. You can also upgrade for the price difference.

As others have said, all D cabins are the same size. Only location, number of berths, and size of balcony (D1 only) are different.

Also, if you are going to check prices yourself on RC's website, be sure to enter your state of residency. Sometimes a higher D category will have a resident's rate, and the fare will be lower than a D8.

Thanks for the great tip!!!

Archived