Restaurant recommendation for Hollywood boardwalk

chrismch

I've read through the threads here and on trip advisor and the positive suggestions show either good places for burgers or drinks but rarely anything else. Looking for a basic seafood restaurant - shrimps, crabs that isn't overpriced. The seafood reviews I've read either say it's overpriced or rotten service. I'm not going for the atmosphere, it's all about the food. We'll be staying near the boardwalk in Hollywood Beach and won't have a car

I have a very good & reasonable restaurant to recommend, but it isn't seafood. Would you consider authentic Cuban food instead?

Laura's Cuban, 2723 Hollywood Blvd is about 3-4 miles away. A short taxi ride won't break the bank. They have very tasty dishes, friendly service and your meal will be in the $10-$12 range. Look at their TripAdvisor reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34296-d1849657-Reviews-Laura_s_Cuban-Hollywood_Florida.html

I have lived and worked in Hollywood all my life.

Only have eated at Flickerlite, of the three you listed chris.

F L is old and tacky like Nicks. Food is good, good for watching the boats go by on the Intracoastal waterway.

Its a Chicago sports themed bar.

The thing thats nice about Hollywood Beach, its quaint, just tacky enough to go any where in a swimsuit and flipflops.

Very casual.

If you have a beach body , you could even getaway with out a shirt.

Unfourtinally too many non beach bodies go with out coverup.

Archived