Alaska on the Coral, formal dress?

makentake

Four couples booked for June on the Coral. What are the options on formal night if the men don't want to bring a dark suit? Hate to miss the nice dinner, would a dress shirt and tie do? We are the anytime dining. Just did Panama Canal on HAL and there were many men in shirts and ties only on that trip. I know many love to dress formally but we are doing cruise and then land for several days and really trying to pack lightly. Happy New Year!

We did Alaska on the Island and I would heartily say that a shirt and tie would be perfect. I have never seen a ship so casual. I went formal to dinner the first night (floor length skirt) and felt ridiculously overdressed. Have a great trip!

Thanks, that will make everyone happy. I guess the ladies will be okay in nice pants and dressy tops then. Will make hauling our luggage a lot easier if we don't have to take a hanging bag with formal wear! Can't wait until June.

We have cruised on both the Island and Coral Princess to Alaska and they tend not to be over formal. We have had dress from full Tux to nice sport shirt with out a tie. I generally at least dress in a nice suit and tie (that's just me). Sometimes I even wear my full Navy Diner Dress (Retired Navy) just for fun. But you will be fine in just a nice shirt and tie and sunday dress.

Island Princess - Alaska 2008

Island Princess - Alaska 2009 B2B

Royal Princess - Alaska 2010 (Old Royal)

Golden Princess - Alaska 2011

Coral Princess - Panama Canal 2012

Star Princess - Alaska 2012

Island Princess - Alaska 2013

Caribbean Princess - Western Caribbean 2013 (4-day)

Four couples booked for June on the Coral. What are the options on formal night if the men don't want to bring a dark suit? Hate to miss the nice dinner, would a dress shirt and tie do? We are the anytime dining. Just did Panama Canal on HAL and there were many men in shirts and ties only on that trip. I know many love to dress formally but we are doing cruise and then land for several days and really trying to pack lightly. Happy New Year!

The dress code in Alaska is the same as any other Princess cruise.

You will be fine.:)

Just got off the Coral, loved that they didn't allow shorts in the dining room on smart casual nights.

When we were on the Sspphire in October I saw them turn away a man with shorts from the dining room at dinner. I hope they are consistently enforcing this fleet wide...am cruising in a few weeks on the Emerald so will be interested to see what their policy is...I loathe inconsistency...

First, you might find it a bit chilly in June (it's Alaska and could be anywhere from 'summer-hot' to snow) so a jacket might be welcome. Also, if you are taking the land tour offered by Princess, they do give you the option of marking one bag with a "Join Me Later" tag so you don't have to drag your dressy clothes along on a very casual land tour.

In my experience they won't turn you away from the MDR in just a shirt and tie, but they will stop you with shorts or very casual clothes.

Archived